Eric the Fall Guy

Weekend Box Office: Actuals (Page 55): BP $26.6M TR $23.7M ICOI $17.1M AWIT $16.3M LS $11.8M, PR crosses $100M, Jumanji crosses $400M

It's funny when customers are from different parts of the world, and show it through their reactions to portion sizes. A while back an exchange student in my class from Germany came to my till and asked for a small popcorn and when I gave it to them they laughed wide-eyed and were like 'this is like a large in my city'

And then just last night this guy comes in just for popcorn, and I feel like he was a little bit drunk but he ordered two larges so I made them for him and he was like ''... are you fucking kidding me'' and went on to say these were ''too small''. He lightened up and I talked to him for a minute, and he said he was from Portland so...

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Y'all wrote off shitty legs for WIT so quickly:

Final Total: 85M (2.57x)

For me that because Tomorrowland did 93.4m

And all is days except is sunday-monday holiday have been lower than Wrinkle thus far and is second weekend lower than 15m, tomorrowland started with -56%, -50% and -51.5% and still achieved a 2.83x of an Sunday boosted a little bit by an monday holiday weekend multiplier.

Difference would be Tomorrowland ending is run with Summer days help ?

Edited by Barnack

Just now, DAJK said:

It's funny when customers are from different parts of the world, and show it through their reactions to portion sizes. A while back an exchange student in my class from Germany came to my till and asked for a small popcorn and when I gave it to them they laughed wide-eyed and were like 'this is like a large in my city'

And then just last night this guy comes in just for popcorn, and I feel like he was a little bit drunk but he ordered two larges so I made them for him and he was like ''... are you fucking kidding me'' and went on to say these were ''too small''. He lightened up and I talked to him for a minute, and he said he was from Portland so...

I'm always shocked how big regular drinks are in North American cinemas. 

6 minutes ago, Barnack said:

For me that because Tomorrowland did 93.4m

And all is days except is sunday-monday holiday have been lower than Wrinkle thus far and is second weekend lower than 15m, tomorrowland started with -56%, -50% and -51.5% and still achieved a 2.83x of an Sunday boosted a little bit by an monday holiday weekend multiplier.

Difference would be Tomorrowland ending is run with Summer days help ?

Yes. That's why I never really understood why some would say legs would be better than Tomorrowland

• Like 2

That deadline # seems low for ICOI, unless they are expecting a huge (way over 50%) of the weekend to come from Friday.

Also, tried to warn yall that the good weekdays coupled with 3 new wide releases would weaken the Friday increases - looks like I was right, just need Peter Rabbit numbers to be sure. And Wrinkle doesn't surprise me since I figured 17m was the high-end - playing more like Cinderella than Zootopia.

• Like 1

THR https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/tomb-raider-digs-up-2m-thursday-night-love-simon-earns-850k-weekend-box-office-1094853

The female-led action-adventure may win the Friday race with roughly $8 million from 3,980 theaters for a projected $22 million-$24 million weekend, but Disney and Marvel's Black Panther is expected to pull ahead on Saturday for a weekend haul of $28 million from 3,834 theaters as it races past the $600 million mark domestically.

Deadline http://deadline.com/2018/03/tomb-raider-black-panther-love-simon-box-office-weekend-1202339172/

Once again, it’s another weekend where other studios can blame Black Panther for eating up their homework: The Disney/Marvel movie is looking at its fifth No. 1 notch with an estimated $26M-$28M sending its cume to $604M-$606M by Sunday and crossing that threshold in its 31st day of release. That makes Black Panther the second-fastest to $600M after Star Wars The Force Awakens (12 days) and ahead of Jurassic World (36 days) and Star Wars: The Last Jedi (37 days).

Tomb Raider looks to arrive between $22M-$24M — that’s at this point in time. We’ve heard the exhibitor screenings for this Alicia Vikander movie were good.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 4

Love, Simon 160 312 51.3%
Tomb Raider 92 1,004 9.2%
I Can Only Imagine 123 312 39.4%

Friday evening and night showings.

Love, Simon is doing fantastic. The 6:30pm and 7pm showings will virtually be sold out. Its 4:15pm showing, which isn't included was 90% full :) 

ICOI is solid and definitely doing way better than expected but definitely has burnt off demand. Its 4:45pm and 7:30pm showings will basically sell out. Zero tickets sold for the 9:55 and the 10:15pm showings. Not an night film.

Tomb Raider is laughable....showtimes are gonna get slashed next week for it. 79 of the total tickets sold are from the 7pm showing. 

1 hour ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

32oz, at least at my theater, we go up to 40oz when we have promo cups.

Oz? Why don't you [mod edit] use ml like the rest of us normal people?

Black Panther is going to stay #1 until RPO. This march looks so bad compared to last year's, but again February was huge and April and May seem to be pretty solid with Infinity War (+475m DOM), Deadpool 2 (+300m DOM), Solo (+270m DOM), Rampage, RPO and A Quiet Place.

25 minutes ago, a2knet said:

I hope that 8m for TR goes up by a couple. With 8 OD can't see more than 21.

2 + 6 + 7.5 (+25%) + 5 (-33%) = 20.5

Agreed. Needs 10 today to have a shot at mid 20's. If it does 8M today, it's already showing Warcraft legs

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

Also, I honestly think with all the hype, that Infinity War has got a shot, no matter how small, at beating TFA's opening weekend. I'm serious, I could see this anywhere from 230-260

I think it had a shot given that it’s being released in a weekend friendly setting and TFA was rather backloaded for how big it was.  But it’s still no lock, I’m thinking around 230-235m rn for 2nd largest OW.

I mean last year we had B&TB (175m OW), Logan (88m OW), Kong (61m OW), Boss Baby (50m OW), Power Rangers (40m OW). This year we have WiT (33m OW), Tomb Raider (22-26m OW), Pacific Rim (14-16m OW) and RPO (40-50m OW).