Eric is Quiet

Easter Weekend Thread: Official Weekend Actuals: RPO $41.8M ($53.7M 4-Day), Acrimony $17.2M, BP $11.5M, ICOI $10.4M, PRU $9.4M, IOD $2.9M, GND3 $2.7M

39 minutes ago, peludo said:

I like it, but even Spielberg did a better film in 2005 than War of the Worlds, called Munich.

War of the Worlds got good reviews, but IMO it should have gotten great reviews, better than Munich. WOTW deserves to regarded as a modern classic - ditto for Unbreakable, Any Given Sunday, and Apocalypto. Four great films that are merely regarded as good. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Relative to expectations, the biggest bomb of 2018 is going to be Solo.

But you can't eat an expectation, so yeah, PR is a strong candidate. Plenty of time left in the year, though. 

Solo's gonna make 300M+ just off of DOM alone, and probably anywhere from 350-500M OS, so NOPE, your anti-Disney sentiment isn't getting there yet. Though I'm surprised you haven't said a lot about AWIT bombing.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Relative to expectations, the biggest bomb of 2018 is going to be Solo.

You know, since that Justice League > Ragnarok/Coco/The Last Jedi prediction of yours, i feel like you havent really improved.

And just fyi, expectations for Solo are at a very low point compared to any other SW Movie of the last few years. 300M+ DOM and 300M+ OS are my goals for it to achieve. Its not like anyone thinks it will be as big of a hit as Rogue One.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think expectations for Solo went out the window when the directors were fired in the middle of production. Ron Howard coming on board to replace them may have been a relief to some; but he's not a miracle worker. Solo may end up being a good movie and perform well but it could just as easily be a stinker.

12 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

You know, since that Justice League > Ragnarok/Coco/The Last Jedi prediction of yours, i feel like you havent really improved.

His predictions never have any basis in reality beyond "fuck Disney."

• Like 1

Just now, Walt Disney said:

Pacific Rim Uprising is bombing badly. I didn't think it would do well, but it's doing even worse than expected.

Most educated cinephiles often spend their time whining about the franchise age and screaming originality !!!, give me somehting new !!! yaddi yada  or whatever but each time Hollywood tried to launch a franchise with a big budget movie number One in the 2010's, it failed miserably.

If I thought Love, Simon had enough left in the tank, I'd start a PRU Over/Under LS club. PRU should win that battle as it stands now but it will still be closer than many would have predicted a couple of months ago.

5 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Is PRU doing 300 ww? Guessing 150-155 from Dom and China combined, requiring 145-150 from OS-China.

It'll be at over 200mww after this weekend, so possibly. It's collapsing in China though, so it'll be close. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, LonePirate said:

If I thought Love, Simon had enough left in the tank, I'd start a PRU Over/Under LS club. PRU should win that battle as it stands now but it will still be closer than many would have predicted a couple of months ago.

That's not really true a lot of people were predicting Love, Simon to be a breakout hit like $100M+...

Just now, sfran43 said:

Not bad on a $7 million budget, and the kind of marketing they do on a film like this is dirt cheap. Probably sharply downhill after Easter, but it's already had a very good run.

• Like 1