Eric Duncan

Easter Weekend Thread: Official Weekend Actuals: RPO $41.8M ($53.7M 4-Day), Acrimony $17.2M, BP $11.5M, ICOI $10.4M, PRU $9.4M, IOD $2.9M, GND3 $2.7M

http://deadline.com/2018/03/ready-player-one-steven-spielberg-opening-weekend-box-office-1202318581/

Steven Spielberg’s Ready Player One got an early start at the Easter weekend with a Wednesday night preview of $3.75m

One of the comps here is G.I. Joe 2 which had Wednesday pre-shows before its Easter launch earning $2.6M and then a $51M four-day.

Edited by CoolEric258
  • Like 8

I had no idea this was opening on a Wednesday...nor did I know it was opening in full on Thursday.  That seems like a pretty solid number to me.  I'm going to try and catch it today before work.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, 75Live said:

@baumer

not sure you are interested in RPO but there is definitely one section of the movie that you will probably love ;) 

Oh I'm 100% interested.  This is the Spielberg I've been waiting for since......maybe 25 years ago.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Oh I'm 100% interested.  This is the Spielberg I've been waiting for since......maybe 25 years ago.

Hopefully you will enjoy it and then we can discuss more ;) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 75Live said:

Hopefully you will enjoy it and then we can discuss more ;) 

It's a 140 minute movie....that makes it tight for me to see it today...but I'll try dammit!

I'm curious about the demos and markets?

My friend did an evening show in PA.  She said the theater was dead, just her and like four teenage boys in her screening.  I was at my theater last night, and there were about six people in the lobby total.  (I don't have an RPO account, because I was there for another film.  RPO is today with Grandma.)

Edited by captainwondyful
Typo

Just now, baumer said:

It's a 140 minute movie....that makes it tight for me to see it today...but I'll try dammit!

doesn't have to be today :P  

but yeah when you do, we can talk about all the stuff then.  in the meantime, avoid the review thread for this obviously :P 

• Like 1