CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

3 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Whyyyy would this ever get that kind of multiplier? Like, even a single possible reason

Why not? TA did and better. BP did. TFA did. JW did. TLJ nearly did. 

Why would this one not OR what makes it so incapable?

3 hours ago, The Mad Titan said:

Upfront demand will be off the charts.

This is a sequel, like Civil War and Ultron.

This is not TFA.

Multiplier more realistically is going to be less than 2.5,my prediction is around 2.4.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Mad Titan said:

Because...it's going to be insanely frontloaded and ends on a *censored just in case but you probably know the word I'm gonna say*?????????????

Just now, baumer said:

Upfront demand will be off the charts.

This is a sequel, like Civil War and Ultron.

This is not TFA.

Multiplier more realistically is going to be less than 2.5,my prediction is around 2.4.

I guess will will know in about 2 weeks.

Just now, The Mad Titan said:

It's going to open over 250M, it has May weekdays, and it requires tons of homework for ppl to get the most out of it

TA- not a sequel. BP- not a sequel. TFA- 40 years later return of most iconic chars in film history. JW- fresh relaunch. TLJ- Christmas (actually a bad multi for it)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Mad Titan said:

I guess will will know in about 2 weeks.

Well, not really, to be fair, even Homecoming had a horrendous second weekend drop and still managed 2.8X.  So we will probably have to wait until the third or even fourth week to be sure.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Chewy said:

Like, even the most optimistic among us (@MovieMan89 where you at lol) wouldn't go anywhere near a 2.9. My goodness

Actually....there are some people who really truly believe this is going to hit a billion.

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

Actually....there are some people who really truly believe this is going to hit a billion.

their faith is misguided.

DOM: $240m -> $580m

WW: dunno -> $1.6b

Just now, That Ambitious Guy said:

2.1x has been my prediction for a while and I reallyyyy see no reason to adjust it.  if it opens higher than I expect it to (like, beating TFA) then I'll adjust it down to 2.05 or 2x

Prob going too far in the opposite direction but I respect your commitment to the #brand

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One needs to remember that with a gross ~ 500 million a small amount of change in the multiplier makes a huge difference

A 225 million with a 2.0 Multiplier is 450 while a 2.4 Multiplier is 540 million.

So a 2.2 vs 2.4 makes a huge difference :)

1 minute ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

2.1x has been my prediction for a while and I reallyyyy see no reason to adjust it.  if it opens higher than I expect it to (like, beating TFA) then I'll adjust it down to 2.05 or 2x

For some weird reason I think that if this thing beats the opening weekend record, the legs will actually be slightly better.  Because I don't think this thing beats it without incredible WOM/spillover into Sat/Sun.  Which could potentially spillover into the second weekend. 

Still, even with the most unbelievable WOM imaginable, I'm talking no more than 2.5x.

• Like 2