Water Bottle

The Walking Dead | AMC

I think Carol and Carl (ha!) have earned the undying hatred of the viewers last season, and the only acceptable reconciliation for them is death. Or exile. Lori can probably get away with keeping her mouth shut for a while as part of a probation period.

Agree about Lori and Carl (two of the worst characters in TV history) but why Carol? She lost her daughter. She has an excuse.

Nobody liked her before she lost her daughter. And her blaming Rick and then being all around bitchy for the remainder of the season and being teased as the love interest for a fan favorite just kept her from having a shot. It's like Skylar on Breaking Bad for the first couple seasons; she may have had an excuse for being bitchy in real life, but all she's doing is going against awesome characters that people like (Walt in seasons 1-3, Rick) and that is going to attract hatred from the fanbase. Add in the fact that Carol was never a major character and serves no real purpose now that Sofia is dead for good measure. It's as if they combined the Carol from the comics who didn't strike me as annoying with Donna, who was an annoying c-word in Book One.

Edited by Kevin Bacon

Season 3 premiered in Australia last night.Seasons 1 and 2 ran from FEB to MAY earlier this year. The first episode had 75,000 viewers and the rest of the first 2 seasons averaged around 60-70,000. The first season was about 15 months behind the US. The second season a few weeks.The season 3 premiere last night was 33 hours behind the US. The episode had 107,000 viewers. That will probably make it the highest rating non-sporting program on Pay TV this week.

• Like 1

And here I thought they were going to become best friends and ride ponies!

Well I didn't want to get into all the sordid and gory details in the comics, such as child murder (no, not Carl, it was kids who aren't in the show), rape, etc. Edited by 4815162342

Season 3 premiered in Australia last night.Seasons 1 and 2 ran from FEB to MAY earlier this year. The first episode had 75,000 viewers and the rest of the first 2 seasons averaged around 60-70,000. The first season was about 15 months behind the US. The second season a few weeks.The season 3 premiere last night was 33 hours behind the US. The episode had 107,000 viewers. That will probably make it the highest rating non-sporting program on Pay TV this week.

Finally some good news out of Oz, shame about Homeland though.

Homeland is on regular TV in Australia and nationwide would have 10 times as many viewers as The Walking Dead. Season 1 of Homeland almost had as many viewers as watched it in the US. About 1.5 million people(broadcast+7days) watched each episode of the 1st season of Homeland. Season 2 is probably around 1 million nationwide.The Walking Dead is on a basic channel available to all Foxtel subscribers. Only about one third of Australians have Pay TV.

Edited by DeeCee

Rick is a murderer. WTF? He just let that kid die. And for no reason. He wasn't a threat at all. Not cool.As for Rick killing the gang banger dude, that might be my favorite moment so far in all of the Walking Dead episodes. A machete to the head...nice. What was up with Hershel's daughter telling him to die? She's a strange one. Pretty good episode. BTW...when does Rooker come back in this?

Yeah, loved the episode. I like when they surprise you, I thought them meeting the prisoners was going to signal the start of a multi-episode arc where they sturggle for power and loose cannon puts everyone in danger but then, BAM, axe to the skull. See ya later sucker. :lol:Any idea who was watching Carol through the bushes?

• Like 1

Rick is a murderer. WTF? He just let that kid die. And for no reason. He wasn't a threat at all. Not cool.As for Rick killing the gang banger dude, that might be my favorite moment so far in all of the Walking Dead episodes. A machete to the head...nice. What was up with Hershel's daughter telling him to die? She's a strange one. Pretty good episode. BTW...when does Rooker come back in this?

Machete to the head is always a crowd pleaser :)Yeah I wasn't crazy about the daughter basically trying to get Hershel to die either. Putting this as a spoiler just in case

Rooker should be showing up in the next episode. During one of the special looks for next show, he is there

• Like 1

Very very good episode. Machete to the head was easily the best scene of the episode. Rick has such an awesome stare-down, no one can compete. Carl once again shows off his ignorance.... Hershel's daughters were both really good, acting wise. Carol pretty good as well, I hope she doesn't die from whoever is watching her.

Thanks 75. I have always enjoyed Rooker's work ever since he got his balls squeezed by Gene Hackman in Mississippi Burning. So I'm looking forward to him in this.

Thanks 75. I have always enjoyed Rooker's work ever since he got his balls squeezed by Gene Hackman in Mississippi Burning. So I'm looking forward to him in this.

No problem. Yeah his character in the show as pretty good even if it wasn't for that long. He has been someone that people have requested for a return for a while now

Yeah, loved the episode. I like when they surprise you, I thought them meeting the prisoners was going to signal the start of a multi-episode arc where they sturggle for power and loose cannon puts everyone in danger but then, BAM, axe to the skull. See ya later sucker. :lol:Any idea who was watching Carol through the bushes?

Im hoping for tyresse