The Panda

The Final Countdown: BOT's Top 100 Movies of All-Time - The List is Complete, The Empire is Dead, I Now Go to the Grey Havens

I have not seen footloose.

I'd thought I might give it a try and then I watched the video in panda's post.... nope.

I like Musicals but I'm not sure I'd enjoy that one, now that it's been revealed as a joke I feel less compeled to watch it ^^

tbh I am not a fan of The Winter Soldier, I think this arc in the comic by Ed Brubaker is much better. IF you have not had the chance to read his run of Captain America I strongly recomended it... even though you got a little spoiled already if you've seen the winter soldier.

Oh well, love all the others thought ^^

it shows the state of the Marvel virus that most the users have come down with...

Avatar makes the list... wtf higher than BR?

Captain America Winter Soldier makes it.. well deserved it's a great film!

No offence but having it on the list is embarrassing! Also Logan, Heat and Inglorious Basterds are overrated aswell.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Of the Hitchcock classics, Pyscho is perhaps the one I'd consider his least. Meaning of all his tens, it's the ten on the bottom, below things like Vertigo, or Rear Window. It's certainly one that has stuck with me the least. So perhaps this is the first placement of a movie I've seen that I'm kind of just fine with were it's sits.

Get Out has all the makings of a modern classic and hope it's forever on this list.

I know I should be more upset that Arsenic and Old Lace is only 205. But I know most youngster haven't seen it, so...screw you young people.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, RascarCapat said:

Linklater still director with most movies in the top 100 yet

:wintf:

Chill. The Top 60 will probably be stacked with your usual Nolan/Tarantino/Spielberg/Cameron suspects. Let us (Linklater Alligators? Linklateroids?) have this one ephemeral moment.

34 minutes ago, RandomCat said:

I know I should be more upset that Arsenic and Old Lace is only 205. But I know most youngster haven't seen it, so...screw you young people.

And I'm sure you haven't seen Attack the Block, so back at you oldie.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Anyone else sick to the stomach at the thought of The Force Awakens being in the top 50?

Third best movie of all time hard to argue it doesn't deserve a spot in the top 50 there Jimbo. Although like I said, getting emotionally invested in this is inherently irrational. It's about getting a good view of BOT's community taste. 

• Like 1

Just now, JamesCameronScholar said:

Third best movie of all time hard to argue it doesn't deserve a spot in the top 50 there Jimbo. Although like I said, getting emotionally invested in this is inherently irrational. It's about getting a good view of BOT's community taste. 

Stop making me feel stupid JCS...

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Anyone else sick to the stomach at the thought of The Force Awakens being in the top 50?

It wasn't on my list, so I tried (same as TLJ)...

Now, too bad I already know my #2 has no prayer at this list, but my campaign has just started to get you all on board this movie within the decade (b/c it does require you to watch it 1st:)...

• Like 1

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

It wasn't on my list, so I tried (same as TLJ)...

Now, too bad I already know my #2 has no prayer at this list, but my campaign has just started to get you all on board this movie within the decade (b/c it does require you to watch it 1st:)...

What's your number 2?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

What's your number 2?

Clue:)...I posted my reasons way back on the old thread...but it's the sharpest funniest movie ever that I've literally seen 200 times...best board/video game movie ever made...so quotable every minute...best Tim Curry performance ever...Madeline Kahn is comedic genius...the rest of the cast sings...3 endings...and the way that movie got pulled off with the requirements it was under is amazing...

I loved the board game, and I loved the movie more...

For the uninitiated - https://uproxx.com/hitfix/flames-on-the-side-of-my-face-a-tribute-to-the-women-of-clue/

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Clue:)...I posted my reasons way back on the old thread...but it's the sharpest funniest movie ever that I've literally seen 200 times...best board/video game movie ever made...so quotable every minute...best Tim Curry performance ever...Madeline Kahn is comedic genius...the rest of the cast sings...3 endings...and the way that movie got pulled off with the requirements it was under is amazing...

I loved the board game, and I loved the movie more...

For the uninitiated - https://uproxx.com/hitfix/flames-on-the-side-of-my-face-a-tribute-to-the-women-of-clue/

I never new there was a movie for Cluedo lol, maybe I'll give a try because next years top 100.

• Like 1

Get Out was in my top 5 of 2017, but it wasn’t even in consideration for the top 100. Don’t see that changing next time either.

TCM, Close Encounters, and WOWS were all fairly high on my list :sadno: 

• Like 1