The Panda

The Final Countdown: BOT's Top 100 Movies of All-Time - The List is Complete, The Empire is Dead, I Now Go to the Grey Havens

I have not been able to look at the list until now.

For the moment, 6 films of my list are on the top 100. Love to see La la land, since musical is not the favorite genre on this forums. And pleasantly surprised to see Grave of the fireflies. Extremely hard and sad film, but necessary.

Concerning latest entries, Heat and Psycho are in my top 30.

And I do not have any MCU on my list, but Winter Soldier is absolutely great, very close to my favorite, which is the first Guardians. Glad to see it here.

But to see Avatar over Blade Runner... :gold:

• Like 3

8 hours ago, narniadis said:

I think Get Out will end up as one of those films that 40 years from now (when hopefully the racist issues are a thing of the past) young kids will look at and be like WTF?

I don't think that part in the brackets is gonna happen, at least in our lifetimes. 

1 hour ago, RandomCat said:

Of the Hitchcock classics, Pyscho is perhaps the one I'd consider his least. Meaning of all his tens, it's the ten on the bottom, below things like Vertigo, or Rear Window. It's certainly one that has stuck with me the least. So perhaps this is the first placement of a movie I've seen that I'm kind of just fine with were it's sits.

I think the first half is Hitchcock at his absolute peak but it suffers when it basically changes protagonists entirely. By the end it's definitely not as emotionally involving as Vertigo or Rear Window or even Shadow of a Doubt for me. So yeah right there with you.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, peludo said:

And I do not have any MCU on my list, but Winter Soldier is absolutely great, very close to my favorite, which is the first Guardians. Glad to see it here.

But to see Avatar over Blade Runner... :gold:

Everyone wrong with BOT summarised nicely by peludo

13 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I think the first half is Hitchcock at his absolute peak but it suffers when it basically changes protagonists entirely. By the end it's definitely not as emotionally involving as Vertigo or Rear Window or even Shadow of a Doubt for me. So yeah right there with you.

Psycho is two good halves that don't mesh quite right together. It's kind of like Suspicion, where I just pretend the end doesn't exist and it's very good.

9 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Avatar was in my top ten guys (how much of that was the I just went to Disney World bias we'll see in two years)

A cinema experience like no other which transported us 4.4 light years across the galaxy to Pandora!

2020 can't come sooner

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

A cinema experience like no other which transported us 4.4 light years across the galaxy to Pandora!

2020 can't come sooner

I had it outside my top ten (I forget how much but it was def top 50). I went to Disney World. I came back and I was like yeah. That's better than Citizen Kane. Moved into the top 10

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I had it outside my top ten (I forget how much but it was def top 50). I went to Disney World. I came back and I was like yeah. That's better than Citizen Kane. Moved into the top 10

I prayyyy in my heart... that this dreeeam neveeeer eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeends

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

202- can't come sooner

Left off the 0 just in case it doesn't make the release date

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Avatar was in my top ten guys (how much of that was the I just went to Disney World bias we'll see in two years)

That Disney World ride is pretty damn great, I’ll give you that.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

If only Citizen Kane had a ride. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1