That One Girl

The House That Jack Built | Lars Von Trier's next film | Prompts over 100 walkouts at Cannes | "Lars has gone too far this time"

Just now, The Futurist said:

I mean, after all that champagne and jewelry and supermodels and your  2000$ shoes, of course you re shocked.

Wtf are you talking about?

I think I actually agree with the people that walked out. Don't get me wrong; I'm all for artistic integrity. But subjecting an audience to such obscenity? Where is the integrity in that?

Now we have an inkling as to why the film didn't join the official Cannes selection list right away.

Just now, Slambros said:

I think I actually agree with the people that walked out. Don't get me wrong; I'm all for artistic integrity. But subjecting an audience to such obscenity? Where is the integrity in that?

Now we have an inkling as to why the film didn't join the official Cannes selection list right away.

They probably should've known what they were getting into when they saw the extreme violence warning and the fact that it was a Lars Von Trier film.

Art is supposed to provoke a reaction, and if this was his intent, then so be it.  One thing's for sure: People aren't gonna stop talking about this.

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Antichrist had someone cutting off their clitoris

That would do it.

I've seen both Nymphomaniac films and they were strange but hardly anything that would make me say he has gone too far.

I ve seen a long Lars Von Trier interview one day and yes he is the Master troll of the bourgeoisie.

I kid you not, he was joking about how someone confessed to him that a legendary Hollywood actress of the 50's, 60's (don't remember the name) was supposedly better on set if she had been fucked in the ass the night before.

I repeat, I am not making this up.

After telling the anecdote, he bursted into laughs.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

They probably should've known what they were getting into when they saw the extreme violence warning and the fact that it was a Lars Von Trier film.

Art is supposed to provoke a reaction, and if this was his intent, then so be it.  One thing's for sure: People aren't gonna stop talking about this.

I understand that art -- that is a key word here -- is supposed to provoke a reaction.

My argument is that the "mutilation of women of children" is not something that any sane person would call art.