baumer

Wednesday Numbers: IW 4.2- 4.4 (Asgard 2)

AQP is down only 11% from last Wednesday and its multiplier is now up to 3.42. Both of those numbers would be amazing for any film, let alone a horror movie that opened to $50M. It is having an extremely impressive run even if it falls short of $200M.

• Like 5
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

AQP is down only 11% from last Wednesday and its multiplier is now up to 3.42. Both of those numbers would be amazing for any film, let alone a horror movie that opened to $50M. It is having an extremely impressive run even if it falls short of $200M.

With only 17M budget, AQP worldwide tally (272M) is only 16M behind PRU (288M) which cost 155M. It's guaranteed to pass PRU, maybe even crawl to 300M that was PRU's face-saving benchmark. :bravo:

Edited by Valonqar

3 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

when was last that a horror film (fri opener) did north of 3.5x multi. aqp has had an extraordinary run.

13 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

If the Wednesday numbers are confirmed that's EXCELLENT news to Infinity War. It would be well over Black Panther's $3.9m third weds.

True, but since its 3rd weekend, BP strengthen has always been it's weekend grosses. AIW unfortunately will not have that same luxury with direct competition opening over the next 2 weekends.

13 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

True, but since its 3rd weekend, BP strengthen has always been it's weekend grosses. AIW unfortunately will not have that same luxury with direct competition opening over the next 2 weekends.

I don't know about that. I'd rather see how IW will react to DP2 and how close to BP it'll follow from now on. It doesn't NEED to perform OVER BP any longer. Close is good enough. 

9 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I don't know about that. I'd rather see how IW will react to DP2 and how close to BP it'll follow from now on. It doesn't NEED to perform OVER BP any longer. Close is good enough. 

good enough for what?