CJohn

DEADPOOL 2 WEEKEND THREAD | Spoilers = BANNED INTO OBLIVION | Dp2 125M and 300 WW debut...Asgard Sun update pg 123

1 minute ago, Deathlife said:

No one should have any problem with that Deadpool number. It's freaking huge for an r-rated movie. 

Unless people were expecting a Star Wars/Avengers level opening which is literally insane.

Well iJack thought Deadpool 2 could make $700M domestic had it opened in August. 

So @EmpireCity whenever you think I've gone insane just remember that take 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, IceFire9yt said:

Isn't one of the reasons why blockbusters avoid August is because China only allows Chinese films that month?  Sounds perfect for Deadpool, since its not gonna be in China anyway.  Heck, Solo probably would have done well in August too, considering its going to make all of 10 bucks in China, and giving people a longer break after the last Star Wars release might have been good.

The Chinese ban on foreign films in the summer actually starts from July. Any major tentpole released in July will generally be pushed to September in China (and October for August releases).

I'm not sure why studios avoid August honestly. You still have summer weekdays, even if it's not as long as if the film was released at the start of summer vacation.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

You seem like a nice kid.  Trying to help you break out of that stage.  =)

Thank you :P As I always say, I appreciate the knowledge that you bring. If it weren't for guys like you, I'd probably be making predictions similar to the box office Reddit forums 

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Thank you :P As I always say, I appreciate the knowledge that you bring. If it weren't for guys like you, I'd probably be making predictions similar to the box office Reddit forums 

Not like this place is immune to bad hot takes though as you just pointed out, lol.

13 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Well, I have 2 revisions now that should stop some people from freaking out.....

I think it will make around $7.3m 

I also think the other one is looking better and better and may fall in the middle of RTH's range.  

What range? I thought RTH just gave a number, not a range?

9 minutes ago, Deathlife said:

No one should have any problem with that Deadpool number. It's freaking huge for an r-rated movie. 

Unless people were expecting a Star Wars/Avengers level opening which is literally insane.

I predicted less then 500 million because i was convinced civil war was an avengers movie... 

Lol..

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

Look at the top of this thread.  He gave a range.  

Lol.

I thought both predictions were about IW as you replied to a post asking about IW.

What were I thinking!?

Thank you for the good news for IW and DP.

Just now, Mekanos said:

What's funny to me is how R movies are still seen as sort of risky. Remember when Terminator 2 had the biggest budget ever for a movie? 

True Lies too I think.

Who killed the R-Rated uber expensive blockbuster ?

:monopoly:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mekanos said:

What's funny to me is how R movies are still seen as sort of risky. Remember when Terminator 2 had the biggest budget ever for a movie? 

Yep, I bet a lot of people don't know that.