baumer

Wed #s (so far drops are between 27-35%)

18 minutes ago, baumer said:

That would be unfortunate but not surprising.  

That's roughly where I had it. It had strong drops on Monday and Tuesday which usually leads to harsher drops for a film like it. 

• Like 1

8M according to Forbes/Scott Mendelson

Deadpool 2 earned around $8 million on Wednesday, a drop of 35% from Tuesdaywhich brings its six-day total to $157m. The Ryan Reynolds sequel should end its first week with around $167m domestic before hoping for a $60m Fri-Mon holiday frame and $227m 11-day total.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/05/24/box-office-deadpool-2-is-doing-great-for-a-comedy-sequel/

Edited by A2k Raptor

Deadpool 2's drop is in line with GOTG2, WW, Civil War, SMH but less than IW which dropped 28% on its first Wednesday. 

Just to keep things in perspective before people start having meltdowns (like myself) 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, A2k Raptor said:

Deadpool 2 earned around $8 million on Wednesday, a drop of 35% from Tuesdaywhich brings its six-day total to $157m. The Ryan Reynolds sequel should end its first week with around $167m domestic before hoping for a $60m Fri-Mon holiday frame and $227m 11-day total.

17 minutes ago, A2k Raptor said:

So Scott Mendelson is predicting that Deadpool2 is going to do 10M on thursday after 8M wednesday. Don't these guys even proof read their articles before publishing stuff, especially on a site like Forbes. SMH

• Like 4

Just now, oMeriMombatti said:

So Scott Mendelson is predicting that Deadpool2 is going to do 10M on thursday after 8M wednesday. Don't these guys even proof read their articles before publishing stuff, especially on a site like Forbes. SMH

Look at the author of the article. That should tell you everything 

• Like 4

1.9m for IW. I think he made a typo though.....

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/05/24/box-office-avengers-infinity-war-tops-1-85-billion-worldwide/#2ff8892a3d0e

So, yes, Marvel and Walt Disney's Avengers: Age of Ultron earned $1.9 million yesterday on its 27th day of domestic release, pushing its unadjusted domestic cume to $603.281m.

• Like 5
  • Disbelief 2

13 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/05/24/box-office-avengers-infinity-war-tops-1-85-billion-worldwide/#2ff8892a3d0e

So, yes, Marvel and Walt Disney's Avengers: Age of Ultron earned $1.9 million yesterday on its 27th day of domestic release, pushing its unadjusted domestic cume to $603.281m.

Nevermind my mistake 😳

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

Why? That would be a 33% drop which would be in line with other movies. DP2 dropped 35% today so why is IW dropping 33% a mistake?

Look at the name of the film :ph34r:

We all know the film he mentioned didn't sniff $600M domestic....:ph34r:

Edited by Nova

27 minutes ago, stripe said:

LOL

90% of BOT members would give better numbers than Mendelson

10M Thursday after 8M Wednesday? 60M 4day after 10M Thursday? And he is paid for this nonsense

guessing he updated one line of his older article and did not update his projections based on new data.

3 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Why? That would be a 33% drop which would be in line with other movies. DP2 dropped 35% today so why is IW dropping 33% a mistake?

Because it said " Disney's Avengers: Age of Ultron earned $1.9 million yesterday on its 27th day of domestic release "

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, stripe said:

LOL

90% of BOT members would give better numbers than Mendelson

10M Thursday after 8M Wednesday? 60M 4day after 10M Thursday? And he is paid for this nonsense

Getting paid to write about the box office is like a dream come true. I like Mendelson a lot of the time but seriously fuck that I want his job

14 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Scott Mendelson secretly still wished that A:IW would have performed as bad as A:AoU.

Edited by justvision
  • Astonished 1

7 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

The name of the film. My bad I should've clarified what typo I was talking about.

Anyways he corrected it so its all good. :D

Edited by EarlyDeadlinePredictions

5 minutes ago, Nova said:

Look at the name of the film :ph34r:

We all know the film he mentioned didn't sniff $600M domestic....:ph34r:

3 minutes ago, justvision said:

Because it said " Disney's Avengers: Age of Ultron earned $1.9 million yesterday on its 27th day of domestic release "

Lol yeah just saw that. But I blame Mendelson fully as he is to blame in all things

• Like 1