sfran43

Monday's Numbers

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

What, on Earth, could have been so heated about a movie not releasing for 5 months?  I could see him getting the ban for Solo, b/c he was toeing a line that I think he was crossing there...but Ralph?  

Trust me when I tell you I never thought it could happen. But last night I saw the "hot" symbol next to Wreck It Ralph 2's thread and was like neat what could members be discussing. 

Yea I wish I never entered the thread :blink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Nova said:

Trust me when I tell you I never thought it could happen. But last night I saw the "hot" symbol next to Wreck It Ralph 2's thread and was like neat what could members be discussing. 

And I missed it...ah well, I probably didn't need the drama in my life...I've gotten too old to keep track of all that:).  Just give me the movies, the box office, and some fun surprises:)...

1 minute ago, sfran43 said:

True, but they'd get doubled the butts with movies like Spy and Heat! And history has taught us, fans will only take so much crappy movies before they bail. Look at Adam Sandler's decline.

That's also a true statement. If she has too many duds in a row it could effect her ability to put folks in theaters and studios taking a chance on her films. For example Life of the Party is at $55M with a budget of $30M. Whereas Spy yes it has a budget of $65M but it made $235M. 

Really hope her and Paul team up again though because I really enjoy the films they've done together 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

Lol, whenever I see the ‘hot’ icon, I know to stay out of that thread. 

Just now, Nova said:

That's also a true statement. If she has too many duds in a row it could effect her ability to put folks in theaters and studios taking a chance on her films. For example Life of the Party is at $55M with a budget of $30M. Whereas Spy yes it has a budget of $65M but it made $235M. 

Really hope her and Paul team up again though because I really enjoy the films they've done together 

I didn't like Spy and Ghostbusters was an underwritten overcooked mess.  McCarthy can do better than Feige as well. The stuff she does on SNL is 10x as funny.

• Like 1

I can understand endless flame wars over DCU and Star Wars as those franchises have huge fanbases that are intensely divided over the films lately and can hardly agree on anything, but reading the Wreck-It Ralph Thread and seeing the dumpster fire is just :o

5 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I didn't like Spy and Ghostbusters was an underwritten overcooked mess.  McCarthy can do better than Feige as well. The stuff she does on SNL is 10x as funny.

I was meh on GB. I thought it was going to be awful but it was somewhat decent. Spy wasn't my favorite collaboration between the two of them....just used it as an example to compare the BO :P But I 100% agree with you. I think McCarthy is extremely talented. She elevates everything she does. 

Id love to see her and Sandra do another film together in some way :) 

Edited by Nova

23 minutes ago, Nova said:

Will Scotty yell at us for typing from our parents basements though :thinking:

Slightly off topic,

Can I just say that as a real estate agent this insult drives me insane?

First off,  due to the double whammy of a. Student Debt making people’s debt to income ratio too high to get home loans; and b. An aging population who can’t stay by themselves and/or can’t afford a nursey home/retirement condo we have a huge trend of multigenerational families living together as the new norm.

Second off (and more importantly), unless there is a second egress and up-to-state-code size windows, no one is living in a basement.

So “you live with your parents” — is that suppose to be insulting? To quote The Princess Bride: You keep using [that insult].  I do not think it means what you think it means. 

• Like 24
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

As long as he plays an absolute incompetent fuck up.

If he doesn't then what's the point of Meg :thinking:

These Shark movies are only good when the lead is an incompetent fuck up