Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

I’m excited about the next non Disney film on the top 10 OW list.

Also what’d be the next non Disney/Universal film to reach $1B.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

This place is gonna be a bloodbath next weekend. Even if I2 doesn't win, it will undoubtedly sap audiences from JW2. It might even be on top the weekend after. 

Oooooh. I’d be out of I2 2nd weekend>JW2 OW, but I could see my way to I2>JW2 on the 29th-31st.

• Like 1

Just now, Jonwo said:

Wonder Woman 2? 

Maybe, although DOM expectations should be kept at the 450 mark or lower. It's already unusual for a sequel to a CBM breakout that big to increase, but I think it can probably pull a GotG2. Still might miss 1b though if it also pulls a GotG2 OS. 

5 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I think FOXs Avatar 2 and maybe Sonys Jumanji 3 if they have great WOM and marketing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Maybe, although DOM expectations should be kept at the 450 mark or lower. It's already unusual for a sequel to a CBM breakout that big to increase, but I think it can probably pull a GotG2. Still might miss 1b though if it also pulls a GotG2 OS. 

I think it has a shot at the November record but OS is tricky to predict as it faces Bond which always does great OS. 

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I think Pets 2 has a great chance to be the next non Disney film (after JWFK) to get to $1B.

I wouldn't be shocked if it decreases from the first domestically and OS. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Spider-Man Homecoming 2 probably.

Edited by Asyulus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RamblinRed said:

The way they worked that to 100M makes me think they had some sort of deal with Oprah and Duvernay to get to that mark as they almost certainly lost money overall pushing it to 100M.

There can be real good money into making 100.05m versus say 95m.

Looking at a couple of Sony leaked "fudge" accounting (This is the end for example goes from a 98m dbo movie with a 50% return rate to a 100m movie with a 49% return rate.....), it look like you can expect to make around 5m more in International TV if you reach 100m, a nice jump in home ent as well.

For example The Equalizer.

At 95m dbo, 80m intl for a 175m WW

Expected total revenues: 213.39m (36.39 in international tv, 43.35 in home ent)

At 100m dbo, 80m intl for a 180m WW

Expected total revenues: 227.17m (41.57 in international tv, 47.05 in home ent)

13.78m more by making just 5m more at the dbo, quite a lot ridding on reaching it.

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I think it has a shot at the November record but OS is tricky to predict as it faces Bond which always does great OS. 

Oh yeah, people sleeping on Bond. Should be huge OS and bigger than Spectre DOM. Boyle at the helm for quality and  play up Craig's last outing in marketing. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Venom for both.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Oh yeah, people sleeping on Bond. Should be huge OS and bigger than Spectre DOM. Boyle at the helm for quality and  play up Craig's last outing in marketing. 

DOM maybe a question mark, Annapurna and MGM haven’t marketed a big blockbuster themselves in a while.

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I wouldn't be shocked if it decreases from the first domestically and OS. 

Yes, a lot of us disliked Pets but the first had strong legs and an unexpectedly big OW. I think OS will likely eat it up as well. Something like DM3 Numbers seems right for it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

I do think if WB wants to give Wonder Woman 1984 more breathing room, they should move it to November 15th or 22nd but TBH I wouldn't be shocked if they just give it early OS release to get the upper hand from Universal and MGM.