Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

1 minute ago, The Incredible Panda said:

Incredibles had direct competition

Christmas with the Kranks

:kitschjob:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Straight up this is absolute insanity to me. Lion King really is gonna do a bil dom, huh?

TLK is the only movie with potential to pull TFA(Dom)/Avatar(WW).

It would've to break out in China, though. That's a total wild card, since I think Latin America and the rest of Asia will be huge.

If not, wait another 5/10 years for a possibility. 

• Like 1

I don't know if y'all are serious right now, I'm still new to this forum

but as a massive fan of this franchise, I'm not even thinking about 600M/700M

I just wanted this to beat Dory but I'm kind of in a surreal place right now

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Shouldn't we wait for the opening day numbers at least before talking about how much of lock 600-800mil is?

At this point, you're looking at an opening weekend of $175-180m MINIMUM.  A+ CinemaScore.  The only serious competition for the ENTIRE summer being Ant-Man and The Wasp, Hotel Transylvania 3 and Christopher Robin.  600m+ domestic is all but assured.

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Y’all really getting carried away lmao.  This is the first Pixar sequel since TS2 to get an A+ so it’ll definitely play out differently than the other multis mentioned in this thread.  It’s going to be pretty frontloaded still (by Pixar standards, it’ll still probably get a 3x+)

but hey what do I know I’m just underpredicting or whatever

Not buying why this movie has to be necessarily overly frontloaded

• Like 3

Not buying why this movie has to be necessarily overly frontloaded

Yeah sorry but you don’t have a 14 year wait between the first film and a sequel after years of people clamoring for one and not have it be more frontloaded than usual.

Edited by That One Guy

This thread is now reminding me when some were claiming that infinity war was locked for 750-800M Dom  based on the first weekend. I said it was absurd then and people shot me down. Its the first weekend. At least wait until you see the second weekend drop. Its not like the incredibles doesn't have any upcoming competition.

Edited by YLF
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, YLF said:

This thread is now reminding me when some were claiming infinity war would make 750-800M Dom was locked based on the first weekend. I said it was absurd then and people shot me down. Its the first weekend. At least wait until you see the second weekend drop. Its not like the incredibles doesn't have any upcoming competition.

Difference being, people left I2 happy whereas most everyone left IW pissed off.

• ...wtf 2

My parents struggled with money as a child, so watching movies at the expensive theater was a rare trip. The only time we saw movies opening weekend was if they were the biggest, most anticipated movies of the year. I remember watching only, in the "expensive theater":

-Phantom Menace 

-Attack of the Clones

-Finding Nemo 

-Spiderman 

-Spiderman 2 

-The Incredibles 

-LotR: Two Towers

-The Return of the King 

-Pirates: Dead Man's Chest 

-Revenge of the Sith 

It felt special watching a big blockbuster. Though, for some reason, we watched Ang Lee's Hulk opening weekend. Yeah, my parents weren't happy after that ended. Sadly, I never got to see the first two Harry Potter's in theaters. That was a heartbreak for a book-obsessed child. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, L Silverman said:

Difference being, people left I2 happy whereas most everyone left IW pissed off.

Lol, wtf? Difference is one is a live action PG-13 film, the other is a PG animated one.  

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1