Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

10 minutes ago, L Silverman said:

At this point, it looks like Disney is going to have three $600m+ Domestic grossing films in a single year.  Be afraid, be very afraid.

Just wait for next year. With A4, TLK, SW9, TS4 and Frozen 2, we could be seeing 5.

• Like 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

Yeah sorry but you don’t have a 14 year wait between sequels after years of people clamoring for one and not have it be more frontloaded than usual.

People wait 13 years for Dory and still manage a 3.6x besides being the biggest OW even for an animation (and also facing another + $ 350M animation)

I can understand your point, but there’s no big sign hey to think this will be much more frontloaded than Dory

• Like 1

I wish I could claim Star Wars (during its original run) was the first movie I remember seeing in theaters as a child. Alas, it was one of these two Disney films, I'm just not sure which one as I remember seeing both. Star Wars was third.

the-apple-dumpling-gang-1975-movie-still image_2bf518be.jpeg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

People wait 13 years for Dory and still manage a 3.6x besides being the biggest OW even for an animation (and also facing another + $ 350M animation)

I can understand your point, but there’s no big sign hey to think this will be much more frontloaded than Dory

Dory wasn’t as highly an anticipated sequel tho, the first film wrapped itself up without any loose ends.  The ending of Incredibles on the other hand is literal sequel bait.

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 1

Infinity War's legs are still kinda baffling to me. If you'd told me even a day before that OW that it would have some of the best legs of any of the MCU sequels I would probably have said something snarky and then that would be dragged up a month later to make me look like an idiot.

• Like 16

4 minutes ago, L Silverman said:

Difference being, people left I2 happy whereas most everyone left IW pissed off.

This just isnt true. It even got an A cinemascore. 

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

Infinity War's legs are still kinda baffling to me. If you'd told me even a day before that OW that it would have some of the best legs of any of the MCU sequels I would probably have said something snarky and then that would be dragged up a month later to make me look like an idiot.

Yea there were a lot of ppl saying it wouldn't have good legs. Some ppl are just clueless.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

They're not gonna top this year's high heights, calling it now. Bet none of those hit 600 outside of TA4. 

You're seriously underestimating the mouse. TLK will easily fly past that number

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Yeah sorry but you don’t have a 14 year wait between the first film and a sequel after years of people clamoring for one and not have it be more frontloaded than usual.

Here's some movies that were highly anticipated over a long period of time and had great legs for their genres

The Force Awakens 

Black Panther

Finding Dory

The Avengers

The Dark Knight

Toy Story 3

6 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Yup. Isn't going to have about the same legs as Guardians Vol. 2 and Ragnarok?

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

Just now, L Silverman said:

Frozen 2 not getting past 600m domestic????  You seriously need to get your head checked.

Frozen 2 is the only one of those I'm 100% sure on not hitting 600. All the others stand a chance at least. Fanbase is far too limited now to a certain demo and the gap is very awkward. Too long to really capitalize on the height of popularity, too soon to capitalize on nostalgia.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

*ahem*

no Disney film without superheroes over 250M until Lion King

that works since Ewan McKenobi and Emily Blunt are superheroes

• Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1