A Marvel Fanboy

Tron: Ares | October 10, 2025 | Jared Leto to star, Joachim Ronning to direct

Would this even stand a chance against Avatar in 2017?

???

Avatar was released in 2009. It shouldn't have any effect on Tron Ascension.

I don't even think Avatar 2-4 is actually happening at this point...

At this point, movies simply cannot schedule themselves around those imaginary sequels anymore. You can't treat them as serious competition.

If by some miracle an Avatar sequel actually comes out, then move your movie then. But for now there's no point in worrying about them. Even if they actually start filming, I still wouldn't move my movie just yet, you never know how long the cgi and post production will take on something like that.

• Like 1

The haters can seeth all they want.  I can't wait for this movie.  I had just about resigned myself to having to wait twenty years for another sequel.

Like Terminator Salvation or Indy-Crystal Skull I do not fully fathom the hate that Legacy gets in some corners.

I'll own up to some imperfections but they are still enjoyable films. 

Like Terminator Salvation or Indy-Crystal Skull I do not fully fathom the hate that Legacy gets in some corners.

I'll own up to some imperfections but they are still enjoyable films. 

Those two I can see in that they are not as good as what came before.  The disappointment at what could have been looms large over them.  Legacy, though, at the absolute worst it's at least as good as the original Tron.  Plus the music was incredible.  Honestly, I want a sequel to that soundtrack as much or more than I want a sequel to the story.  (I can say the same about Conan The Barbarian, really.)

Those two I can see in that they are not as good as what came before.  The disappointment at what could have been looms large over them.  Legacy, though, at the absolute worst it's at least as good as the original Tron.  Plus the music was incredible.  Honestly, I want a sequel to that soundtrack as much or more than I want a sequel to the story.  (I can say the same about Conan The Barbarian, really.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GBLtnxxtzQ