chasmmi

Top 100 Characters 2018 countdown has begun, Number 39 Will Blow Your MInd!!

22 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Considering that differentiation depends on Arnold's ability to act as different characters it's really not that complicated. 

I just wanted to post the Trevor gif (which for some reason isn't giffing)

• Haha 1

88th - Jake Sully - Sam Worthington - Avatar

IS there going to be an outcry if the second most common colour for characters on this list turns out to be blue...

As the final living person left in Christendom not to have seen Avatar, I cannot personally speak for this character. But if Terminator Salvation and Clash of the Titans are any indicator, I missed a treat. Avatar has a lot of strong fans on this site and as such, there may or may not be more Avatar to come. 

This leads us onto the burning question for the next portion of the list: Did Parker Selfridge (whoever that is) make it in also?    

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 3
  • Disbelief 1

87th - Tyler Durden - Brad Pitt - Fight Club

This was where the list turned sour for me as 4 different people all broke the first two rules of Fight Club.

Brad Pitt is one of those pretty boy actors that you can sometimes forget is actually great at what he does. Durden is a great example of that, but I personally could have equally made a case for Twelve Monkeys and Snatch among others. I'm actually kind of shocked that the only other Pitt Vote was for Ocean's Rusty Ryan down in 306th. (especially as that means I forgot twelve monkeys in my list. )

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

86th - Agent Smith - Hugo Weaving - The Matrix

Although apparently some feel I should separate out all of the different Agent Smiths below into their own positions... 

And now we have our second franchise to get two characters into the list with Agent Smith from The Matrix. While I am okay with his inclusion, I was surprised to see him beat out Morpheus by a few points (although receiving one less vote). 

Smith was low key the strongest part of the original film and it was great to see him return in the sequels even if said sequels in turn weren't great. I wonder how much more Matrix this list has left to give? 

• Like 13

85th - John Connor - Jason Clarke Edward Furlong - Terminator 2

The chracter that taught me that I need to say No Problemo or Hasta La Vista Baby to people at school in order to be cool.... It... didn't work.

Considering this was back in the 90's, I will give this kid credit for not being abominably annoying as most kid/teen actors of the time usually were. I mean, he wasn't the most believable 10 year old I have ever watched, but outside of that, he contributed well to the film and it was a pretty decent film to be a part of. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, chasmmi said:

IS there going to be an outcry if the second most common colour for characters on this list turns out to be blue...

As the final living person left in Christendom not to have seen Avatar, I cannot personally speak for this character. But if Terminator Salvation and Clash of the Titans are any indicator, I missed a treat. Avatar has a lot of strong fans on this site and as such, there may or may not be more Avatar to come. 

This leads us onto the burning question for the next portion of the list: Did Parker Selfridge (whoever that is) make it in also?    

YAaaaas

King

Jake Sully is such a damn badass glad to see him on here.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRQ4-HVbha4rqNFiu76Jx

John Connor is possibly the coolest kid in cinema history.

Agent smith is my favourite trilogy villian

Good picks everyone!

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, chasmmi said:

Next up, Jake Sully’s legs... his REEEEAL legs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, chasmmi said:

Brad Pitt is one of those pretty boy actors that you can sometimes forget is actually great at what he does. Durden is a great example of that, but I personally could have equally made a case for Twelve Monkeys and Snatch among others. I'm actually kind of shocked that the only other Pitt Vote was for Ocean's Rusty Ryan down in 306th. (especially as that means I forgot twelve monkeys in my list. )

I put Durden at #93 and Edward Norton at #70.  I had to put Edward Norton as - "The Narrator", he has no other name in the film.  I hope that did not hurt the vote process and I doubt he makes it.  With the spread of votes, I am thinking Quaritch DOES NOT make it now since Jake Sully did.

Edited by dmatrixfilmdx

84th - The Bride - Uma Thurman - Kill Bill

When I saw these votes for The Bride, I was kinda hoping for Bride of Chucky.

I've eaten it that place above by the way, but enough of that... We probably expected a Thurman Tarantino character to be on this list, whether we expected this one to make it... that's open to debate, but it did. Whereas Mia Wallace just missed out landing in 119th place, the Bride marks ol' Quentin's first foray onto this list, but likely not his last. 

• Like 14

83rd - Dory - Ellen DeGeneres - Fucking the Blue Fish 

I'm sure there is something positive to say here, but I forget. 

There are two Pixar films that I actively do not like, The Good Dinosaur and Finding Nemo (Find Dory was well better than Finding Nemo is all I can really say there). Dory is the only Nemo character to make this list or even receive a vote. She is also the second Pixar character to make the list. 

I wonder how many more are still to come...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 1
  • Disbelief 2

82nd - Kikuchiyo - Toshiro Mifune - The Seven Samurai

The film responsible for the masterpiece, A Bug's Life

A may have looked up the wrong portrayal of Kikuchiyo there, but I am not sure.  Kurosawa is a famed and legendary director absolutely, but this entry surprised me as I assumed with the anime fetish bent that this site seems to have, that if any Akira was making the list it was Kaneda, but he finished in 263rd. In fact the highest animated Japanese character was Setsuko from Grave of the Fireflies in a criminal 156th place. 

Regardless, it is good to see both foreign cinema and also classic cinema receiving another place on this list.  

• Like 13