Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

1 hour ago, jedijake said:

Feige was pretty confident in Eternals, if I can recall.

Doubt he was. They only released reviews early because it premiered early at a festival. BPWK is a whole different story. It's like Disney can't wait for word to come out. It may also be they want to start creating early Oscar buzz as well.

Edited by Nikostar
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Nikostar said:

Doubt he was. They only released reviews early because it premiered early at a festival. BPWK is a whole different story. It's like Disney can't wait for word to come out. It may also be they want to start creating early Oscar buzz as well.

If he wasn't confident, why did they release it early at a Festival...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nikostar said:

Look, I think this movie will be well-reviewed, but I think you're engaging in a lot of wishful thinking here. Studios are sometimes just wrong about how their films will be received. 

• Like 3

This may sound tacky, corny, or whatever, but with the heart, soul, passion, love, and emotion that the cast and Coogler so very clearly poured into this project, there may be an internal psychological affinity toward it from many critics. Such that it may actually be subconsciously difficult for some critics NOT to give it very good to great reviews.

The phase 4 MCU films that had poor to lackluster reviews had them for specific reasons.

DSMoM: did not live up to the hype of having Wanda and cut short the cameos people wanted to see. The movie was all over the place.

ThorLT: criticism was too much goofy jokes that were out of place and overdone

Eternals: just felt WAY off and was, well, weird

Black Widow was in between. I enjoyed it mostly, but didn't feel that connected to it. It was delayed and delayed and delayed due to unfortunate acts of nature. But audiences really liked it.

Shang-Chi and No Way Home were both very well reviewed. Likewise, they were both very likeable and re-watchable. Their stories were very straight forward and offered something.

The trailers for BPWF were both extremely well received based on videos and social media. If the film delivers the same emotions and feel of the trailers, the movie will be very well liked and should have decent to great legs (at least until Avatar2 wreaks its havoc), no matter the OW numbers.

14 hours ago, Torontofan said:

Thor 4 had no purpose really

It made Thor 2 look like a masterpiece. 

Or may Loki really grounded the Thor films? 

No. Thor was solid. Most thor films are abd this is depicted in the reviews. This isbt a superman, x-men or ghost rider scenario where half the films are panned.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, lilmac said:

What’s with the dumb thread subtitles? Lol

It’s from when the movie was still filming, when Letitia Wright’s anti-vax views were fresh in the news, and reportedly caused complications with filming. It hasn’t been updated in nearly a year if I’m not mistaken. 

21 hours ago, Jeight said:

No. Thor was solid. Most thor films are abd this is depicted in the reviews. This isbt a superman, x-men or ghost rider scenario where half the films are panned.

Thor 4 should not be the quality the mcu should be striving towards 🤓

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TMP said:

what does that have to do with this lol

well considering you sloppilly tried to bait me for the comment I did in the black Adam thread regarding that aquaman shouldn't be the quality the dceu should be striving for instead of WW or tss,  I would say it's pretty relevant... 

You could try to be a litlleeeeeee more suave.