WrathOfHan

Gladiator 2 | November 22, 2024 | DENZEL IS REUNITING WITH RIDLEY?!

3 hours ago, AniNate said:

Guess this means it's a bomb now

Right?! I swear my eyes are rolling into the back of my head with this whole this movie is doomed or in trouble because we do not have a trailer yet. The movie is  still 5 and a half months away. But But Wicked and Mufasa  have trailers. So?  Waiting until their own movie Quiet Place Day One is just fine. They can put a red band in front of Deadpool a month later and Alien a few weeks later and any R rated movie to follow.

1 minute ago, Speedorito said:

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom has entered the chat…

You continue to be pushing this narrative that is not based on any sort of  fact. If they have not dropped a trailer for Gladiator 2 by September than that will mean something. Since the first Lost Kingdom trailer did not drop until October

I don’t know, we got trailers for Songbirds & Snakes and Wish after CinemaCon last year and those released around Thanksgiving. This year we have trailers for two Thanksgiving films (Moana 2 and Wicked) already, as well as a trailer for Mufasa (December).

Napoleon’s first trailer dropped in July and that ended up being…Napoleon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, emoviefan said:

You continue to be pushing this narrative that is not based on any sort of  fact. If they have not dropped a trailer for Gladiator 2 by September than that will mean something. Since the first Lost Kingdom trailer did not drop until October

It’s literally the first time I mentioned Aquaman…

3 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

It was actually September when the trailer for Aquaman dropped, so the proper comparison would be August. 

1 minute ago, Speedorito said:

It’s literally the first time I mentioned Aquaman…

Yes but you seem to be saying that was a late trailer drop as if Par might be doing that with Gladiator. So why bring even bring it up  until that like is even a possibility.  Once again the movie is 5 and a half months away and other studios and when they drop their trailers means nothing. So the F what if  we have already gotten Wicked and Mufasa trailers.That was Disney and Universal's decision. The trailer will drop in  front of QP Day 2. If not then we can start this conversation.

1 minute ago, emoviefan said:

Yes but you seem to be saying that was a late trailer drop as if Par might be doing that with Gladiator. So why bring even bring it up  until that like is even a possibility.  Once again the movie is 5 and a half months away and other studios and when they drop their trailers means nothing. So the F what if  we have already gotten Wicked and Mufasa trailers.That was Disney and Universal's decision. The trailer will drop in  front of QP Day 2. If not then we can start this conversation.

And I’m sure you’ll be just as mad then too.

3 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

And I’m sure you’ll be just as mad then too.

I am not mad.  Just trying to figure what your agenda is here. Just trying to say that we are not even in the danger zone for the movie like at all so why even raise that issue until it seems like maybe it is a issue.

7 hours ago, emoviefan said:

They can put a red band in front of Deadpool a month later and Alien a few weeks later and any R rated movie to follow.

This wouldn't be fine for a movie with this budget, it would spell trouble.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

The redband will probably go online at the same time anyway. Theoretical trailer with AQP would just edit some of the bloodier stuff out.

This was a really dumb discourse last month and it still is now

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The trailers before A Quiet Place will likely be for mostly horror movies (targeted marketing and all - Paramount will definitely premiere Smile 2 in time for attachment) so Twisters/Deadpool seem like the obvious targets for this.

Horizon would've seemed like a decent movie to bring it out with if its prospects were better. I think it still would be a good weekend just to get it out there. AQP is still action-adjacent and they are promoting that in the trailer.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

The trailers before A Quiet Place will likely be for mostly horror movies (targeted marketing and all - Paramount will definitely premiere Smile 2 in time for attachment) so Twisters/Deadpool seem like the obvious targets for this.

A trailer will drop with QP. Look at Paramount's  schedule for the rest of the year. Not much. Gladiator is their biggest movie for the rest of the year. Would be shocked if they did not. As Aninate said they can have a Red Band on line and put it with Horizon for the few who see that and for every R rated movie that follows.

I could see Paramount just dropping both the Smile 2 and Gladiator 2 trailers in time for that June 28 weekend, one appropriately attached with A Quiet Place and the other with Horizon.

On 6/8/2024 at 6:34 AM, Elessar said:

A lot more goes into the decision of when to release a trailer than quality of the movie. Yes, stupid discussion.

I agree a lot of the discussion here is silly, but the timing of trailers is important in th eoverall plan for the marketing of the film.

And this IS a Box Office site, not a fanboy movie site..at least on paper.

I have my doubts about how this film will do, based mainly on how much the market has changed since 2000, but the timing of the trialer is not a reason for my doubts.