WrathOfHan

Gladiator 2 | November 22, 2024 | DENZEL IS REUNITING WITH RIDLEY?!

the pointless thing about that song in the trailer is you put it to have young people interested but then the trailer is 3:30 minutes long and the song comes after 2 and half minutes. Kids already skipped the trailer at that point🤣

They could have use it on a 30 sec teaser made for tik tok and for youtube a use of the original soundtrack to would have touched more the core target of this. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Firepower said:

SIAihKK.png

Told ya.

I'm out of Maggie's 100 OW predictions which I always found ridiculous anyway.

Ironically it's more likely to be Maggie saying 'Told Ya' when this film opens

As for the trailer, it looks visually great and it's all over the internet so theres clearly massive interest. My main concern is still Mescal though, replacing him would make a huge improvement.

The music is out of place but I'm sure come trailer 2 they will take a different approach and people will be singing a completely different tune. No-one on the fence is going to say no based on a teaser's choice of music. It's clearly being met with a positive response and raising awareness was always the goal, for now. I'll bet trailer 2 goes down the more zimmer like route.

Edited by Jaxon5

1 hour ago, Morieris said:

Same, but to his credit, Quinn impressed me much more in this trailer than in the entirety of Day One, though I admit those performances are quite different, so I guess he has The Range.

As a whole I'm like "Wow this is really interesting looking."

He looked too soft and definitely got outshined by others in trailer. Quinn,Pedro and Denzel all were amazing.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Jaxon5 said:

The music is out of place but I'm sure come trailer 2 they will take a different approach and people will be singing a completely different tune.

It won't matter, people who didn't like it because of the song will tune out. First impression matters.

No-one on the fence is going to say no based on a teaser's choice of music.

They will say no if their first impression wasn't good.

It's clearly being met with a positive response

Where? Most comments I see on youtube complain about the song or that the movie is unnecessary, or discuss some random memes.

Edited by Firepower

Very funny how people are complaining about a rap song in the trailer when the original had a Super Bowl spot with Kid Rock playing, not very period appropriate. And on YouTube almost all the comments are whining about it, but it doesn’t seem off putting to me

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

I think being frustrated over a song that everyone knows won’t be on the movie is weird but fair i guess. 

Still think most people doesn’t really care about this when the actual scenes looks great.

the song is not a real problem for the destiny of the movie. In this particolar moment i don't think this choice does the job they think should do but has only a kinda of bad effect on annoying old audiences loved the first movie. 

Anyways the negative comments on youtube are general, not only for the song.  Probably it's people already decided for some reason to hate the movie so doesn't really matter. We'll see. Btw i think this movie needs at least decent reviews to work, if it's panned or it gets mediocre reviews i think can impact a project like this.

As i said i think this movie could work if it gives the vibes of the first movie, as a nostalgia thing. This trailer clearly try to sell it like it's a kinda of 300 and i don't know if this really works. The risk is to be anonymous and uninteresting for young people and to alienate at the same time the over 50 dads. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Flip said:

Very funny how people are complaining about a rap song in the trailer when the original had a Super Bowl spot with Kid Rock playing, not very period appropriate. And on YouTube almost all the comments are whining about it, but it doesn’t seem off putting to me

The trailer looks so good they are desperately searching for anything to complain about which ends up being the dumb rap song.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Where? Most comments I see on youtube complain about the song or that the movie is unnecessary, or discuss some random memes.

These days YouTube is the platform where trailers does worse … it’s all over Twitter and TikTok and yes the reception is pretty good there

While it have only 36k likes on YouTube, it already have 130k likes on Twitter in the 3 main accounts 

Posted (edited)

Those complaining about the music are right though. Such a missed opportunity. 

Imagine if the Top Gun Maverick trailers didn’t have the anthem all over them? When your franchise has absolutely iconic music that reduces grown men to tears, to then not use it in the marketing is foolhardy in my eyes. 

I think plenty will get the feels as the film itself looks amazing, but the score would have gone that extra miles to trailer of the year. 

Edited by wildphantom
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Firepower said:

It won't matter, people who didn't like it because of the song will tune out. First impression matters.

They will say no if their first impression wasn't good.

Social media comments. Regardless, first impressions for Maverick didn't scream 700m blockbuster but I get it, you've made up your mind and there's really no point in going back and forth as there is no right answer until Novermber.  I just found your 'told ya' comment ammusing considering you're yet to be right.  Just comes across as really desperate 

The idea people just watch the first trailer and are done with it is just rather silly. Avatar was written off after it's first teaser. Come trailer 2 everyone was jumping all over it.

Colosseum fights will sell this movie the same way the opening of Jurassic park sold Jurassic world. If you are wrong come November, I just hope you stick around to admit as such, I certainly will :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jaxon5 said:

Social media comments. Regardless, first impressions for Maverick didn't scream 700m blockbuster

It didn't, but it had decent to good trailers and reception of them without major complaints.

3 minutes ago, Jaxon5 said:

I just found your 'told ya' comment ammusing considering you're yet to be right.  Just comes across as really desperate 

I'm right because what I meant it is people are gonna complain about rap song in it and it'll kill its momentum, which is exactly what happened, nothing desperate about it.

5 minutes ago, Jaxon5 said:

The idea people just watch the first trailer and are done with it is just rather silly. Avatar was written off after it's first teaser. Come trailer 2 everyone was jumping all over it.

There were less complaints about Avatar though. Plus this is not a teaser, it's a full-length 3 minute trailer.

Colosseum fights will sell this movie the same way the opening of Jurassic park sold Jurassic world. If you are wrong come November, I just hope you stick around to admit as such, I certainly will :)

If I'm wrong and it makes a billion, I'll admit it. But if it does something something 300-400 mln, I'm gonna have my last laugh.

1 minute ago, Firepower said:

It didn't, but it had decent to good trailers and reception of them without major complaints.

I'm right because what I meant it is people are gonna complain about rap song in it and it'll kill its momentum, which is exactly what happened, nothing desperate about it.

There were less complaints about Avatar though. Plus this is not a teaser, it's a full-length 3 minute trailer.

If I'm wrong and it makes a billion, I'll admit it. But if it does something something 300-400 mln, I'm gonna have my last laugh.

The last time a movie had nothing but negative online reactions was Avatar 2's trailers and that became the 3rd biggest movie of all time so in a world where being negative is the new cool, I'm going to see the mass engagement as a good sign 🙂