I need to start watching this show.

Do it! Like many, I think nothing else on TV compares or has compared.  Breaking Bad roars out of the gate in the very first episode of season 1(that episode is without a doubt one of the most memorable and iconic of the show), its not like most TV shows where it takes a lot of time to build up and it never takes a step down in quality, it only goes up.  Also, the entire series is cumulative, so there is hardly any meh subplots or "throwaway" stuff in it.

• Like 1

Do it! Like many, I think nothing else on TV compares or has compared.  Breaking Bad roars out of the gate in the very first episode of season 1(that episode is without a doubt one of the most memorable and iconic of the show), its not like most TV shows where it takes a lot of time to build up and it never takes a step down in quality, it only goes up.  Also, the entire series is cumulative, so there is hardly any meh subplots or "throwaway" stuff in it.

There's a lot of tv I need to watch, but I just did myself a Netflix schedule that features Archer, Breaking Bad, ST:TNG and Orange is the New Black.  :)

Question: After Todd and Co. just scored 70M, why would Todd want Jesse to cook more Meth instead of simply retiring?? I mean, I know the dude's all DEXTER type of crazy looking, but come on.. This is absurd, but awesome all in the same breath.. :popcorn:

To get the right purity and then kill him. There's no such thing as enough money in this world.

Hank had the best line."You’re the smartest guy I ever met, and you’re too stupid to see he made up his mind ten minutes ago."

I got taken out of it cause that really reminded me of Saul's "You're the smartest person and the dumbest fucking person I've ever met." from Homeland.

Question: After Todd and Co. just scored 70M, why would Todd want Jesse to cook more Meth instead of simply retiring?? I mean, I know the dude's all DEXTER type of crazy looking, but come on.. This is absurd, but awesome all in the same breath.. :popcorn: 

Todd wants to impress Lydia by getting the purity up to Heisenberg standards and, possibly in his mind, get in her pants.  Also, what do organized criminals with money and power want? More power. Thats kinda a silly question.  Its like asking why Gus Fring kept cooking and running a huge meth organization for 20 years long after he had made far more money than Walt had ever made, he was even in the process of expanding into Europe through Lydia right before he died.  Empire business yo.

Did everyone know what Walt was doing with the phone call to Skylar, or did it take a few seconds to register like it did with me?

I got it right away, but I think Walt really meant a lot of what he was saying, genius ambiguous writing.  Its actually kinda funny how some people missed the entire point of the phone call on the internet, mostly hardcore team Heisenberg fanboy that never liked Skyler. :lol:

Edited by Ozymandias