BB was always a great show but imo the show really went to HOLY CRAP THIS SHOW IS EPIC with the Gus Storyline ending.

The last part of this season had some of the best television I have seen.

I always thought Game of Thrones Season 1 was the best television I had ever seen but the last part of this reason is beyond amazing.

The show will live on as it has become part of the cultural landscape and as millions more watch it on netflix and on.

Can't say anything anywhere as good is coming on till Game of Thrones.

Watching Boardwalk Empire, Homeland, Downton Abbey for now.

Edited by Lordmandeep

Looking at the episode ratings on the AV Club, I'm pretty sure Breaking Bad Season 5 is the first season of tv never to get a grade lower than an A- on there.

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/tvshow/breaking-bad,37/

The Wire Season 5 got all A grades. But yeah, definitely a rare feat for a show.

Edited by 4815162342

10.3 million ... DAMN, and that 6.7 million 18-49 would be apx 5.3 demo rating ... last years finale did 1.3 demo and 2.8 million total.

So only 7.5 million viewers increase ... it's really a historic situation for a television show exhibiting this sort of growth in interest this late in the run.  Even 5 years ago, something like this just wouldn't be possible due to Netflix not being quite as popular.

Bravo to Breaking Bad :)

BTW, my prediction elsewhere was like 7.5 million & 4.0 demo, so this is quite a huge shock.

• Like 1

And you think the budget cuts had nothing to do with that?"Oh looks like we don't have enough money for zombies.""Let's just throw them on a farm and talk about stuff""Great idea!"

Well in one scenario you have a shitty show and in another you have a shitty show with lots of zombies. Not a big difference.
  • Like 1

Up till Part 2 of this season, MAD MEN was AMC's most acclaimed show. It may well end up there again. It's fantastic -- I don't really see why BB should be compared to it (or vice versa), they're completely different shows. I love 'em both to death.

It's definitely been the most acclaimed show since season 4, possibly S3.

• Community Manager

Looking at the episode ratings on the AV Club, I'm pretty sure Breaking Bad Season 5 is the first season of tv never to get a grade lower than an A- on there.

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/tvshow/breaking-bad,37/

The Wire. Fuck, The Wire never got below an A.

Mad Men from an 'awards' perspective has been the most acclaimed, but critically, I'd say since season 4 Breaking Bad eclipsed it.  The metacritic ratings for BB are just absurd over the last two seasons.

Mad Men was extraordinary for s1-3, maybe 4, but I feel it's stepped back just a little over the last 2 years.  (I hate Megan, so that's probably part of my issues).

Both are two of my 10 favorite shows ever ... and yes, as Tele said, they are completely different ... and I'm glad,

Edited by Adam