That One Girl

Dec 21-23 Weekend Thread | Sat#'s (Asgard pg 60) - Aqua 21.8, MPR 8.8, BB 7.2, SMSV 6.9, Mule 3.8 | Discuss Pitbull's musical work here

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Since the SJWs decided we couldn't have Ben Affleck as a emoji.

he got metoo'd out of an emoji for some non-scandal i don't even remember. i get getting rid of the johnny depp one, even though that was one of the funnier ones, but this felt like an overreaction at the time.

• Thanks 1

Ticket sales for today (* denotes reduced showtimes):

Aquaman: 580 (264 IMAX/192 2D/124 3D)

Mary Poppins: 327 (188 2D/139 Dolby)

Bumblebee: 225 (182 2D/43 3D)

The Grinch: 209

Spider-Verse: 176 (161 2D/15 3D)

The Mule: 92

Mary Queen of Scots: 57

The Favourite: 55

Grindelwald: 51*

Welcome to Marwen: 50

Vice: 44* (previews)

Second Act: 40

Zero: 32

Creed II: 23*
Once Upon a Deadpool: 20*

Mortal Engines: 6 (4 2D/2 3D) AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Instant Family sold nothing (tbf it's the late show that hasn't started yet)

Total Sales: 1,987 (note I can't find BR and Green Book's shows so that's probably an extra 70-ish tickets)

Two-thirds of Poppins' Dolby tickets were from the first show. The rest of the day was empty af in there.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

btw when I went to look at presales for Holmes & Watson earlier (it’s getting beaten big time by Vice around here) I found out that it was actually shot in late 2016/early 2017. Ferrell actually shot it before Daddy’s Home 2 which was released more than a year ago. Makes sense why it’s another comedy from him opening with no fanfare. I remember The House sat on the shelf for a few years too and opened with minimal marketing and no advance screenings.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

btw when I went to look at presales for Holmes & Watson earlier (it’s getting beaten big time by Vice around here) I found out that it was actually shot in late 2016/early 2017. Ferrell actually shot it before Daddy’s Home 2 which was released more than a year ago. Makes sense why it’s another comedy from him opening with no fanfare. I remember The House sat on the shelf for a few years too and opened with minimal marketing and no advance screenings.

Somehow this doesn't surprise me. It's selling well, but I won't be surprised if it collapses in January even with the lack of new releases. Definitely doesn't seem like a high-quality movie.