AdamKendall

Weekend Thread 12/28-12/30 AQM 51.5 MPR 28 BB 20.5 ITSV 18.3

1 minute ago, La Binoche said:

I kinda felt bad for Nicole Kidman because she was too good for AQM. An Amber Heard level black hole of talent and charisma is what the movie deserved. Not Nicole fucking Kidman. 

Stop beating that dead seahorse. 

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I'm looking forward to then next wave big blockbuster type of film which replaces superhero movies (written for the kids born in the 50s) and also looking forward to hating on that type once it becomes stale (like superhero movies).

Anime adaptations. Both the My Hero Academia and Attack on Titan ones will curb stomp everything including Avatar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

The multiplier was understandably cause for worries in 2016 when we still had no clue of what the future would be, but it's now been proven that BVS was a massive success that launched a successful franchise

I wonder the percentage of the world audience that bought a ticket for Aquaman even knew it had anything to do with BvS (if it had anything to do with it ?), I am not sure Venom or Aquaman success is base on any direct previous movie outside the genre popularity itself.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

I wonder the percentage of the world audience that bought a ticket for Aquaman even knew it had anything to do with BvS (if it had anything to do with it ?)

No, but it had a lot to do with JL - selling $660M of tickets worldwide and marketing Momoaquaman heavily one year ago.

3 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Like, maybe the only thing we should be concerned about is our own reaction to a movie, not projecting our own likes, dislikes, and insecurities onto millions of other people. 

So naive...

Projecting own likes, dislikes, and insecurities onto millions of other people is literally what humans live for. It's in our very natures and it's why we are so easily manipulated into autocracies by people who can exploit this.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 2

Critics and cinephiles have such a hate boner for Michael bay they pretend to not see how similar Bumblebee and TF1 are.

This particular hatred is so vile and deep seeded.

Funny thing, Bay probably directed plenty of commercials for Bumblebee s director's father company.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Thanks 1