AdamKendall

Weekend Thread 12/28-12/30 AQM 51.5 MPR 28 BB 20.5 ITSV 18.3

16 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Why would the studio give him one of the biggest paychecks in the business?

They wouldn’t. And there’s no need for them to either. I actually think the success of Aquaman and Wonder Woman works against Cavill asking for a big paycheck because DC/WB are seeing that focusing on other characters besides Batman and Superman is prob the way to go for the next several years. Essentially they don’t need Superman at the moment to have a successful CBM universe and when they’re ready to incorporate Superman back into the universe, they’ll just use a different actor. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Well of course he is doing The Witcher now, but you said he can't do both. With Aquaman making almost $1 billion (!), and the amazing success of Wonder Woman last year, it would be foolish to predict he would refuse to ever return to the role if it was offered - for one of the biggest paychecks in the business.

As of now he's out of contract courtesy of the 7 year de Havilland clause  I was under the impression his new agent (same as The Rock's) asked for more money and WB said no which is why he not doing the cameo in Shazam.  WB has also been hesitant to green light the next Superman movie.

Moderation 

The “Not Cool” reaction has no effect on the like count and you don’t need to quote a post. 

And please don’t insult or call people names. 

Regards

BOT Staff

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 6

5 minutes ago, Nova said:

Essentially they don’t need Superman at the moment to have a successful CBM universe and when they’re ready to incorporate Superman back into the universe, they’ll just use a different actor.

That may or may not happen but making predictions is always dangerous.

Remember when Aquaman had "no hype" (less than MPR), and the trailer was unwatchable because of the red wig?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

As of now he's out of contract courtesy of the 7 year de Havilland clause  I was under the impression his new agent (same as The Rock's) asked for more money and WB said no which is why he not doing the cameo in Shazam.  WB has also been hesitant to green light the next Superman movie.

Yeah that's correct. Henry's asking for too much + they haven't found the right director to pitch them a Superman movie. 

10 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

That may or may not happen but making predictions is always dangerous.

Remember when Aquaman had "no hype" (less than MPR), and the trailer was unwatchable because of the red wig?

I’m not a studio head for a reason :lol: But I just think WB/DC would be better off exploring other characters (which is what it seems like they’re doing) instead of trying to release another Superman or Batman movie. Of course had Aquaman not done so well, this convo would prob be different but that’s how the movie business is. It’s a strike while it’s hot type of business/what’s happening right now. But from my view point, what’s the reasoning behind giving Henry a huge paycheck to comeback as Superman? Right now, Superman is not needed. And if Shazam is well recieved too, it’s just digging the Superman hole even bigger. 

And like I said, when they’re ready to bring back Superman, they can cast someone for a cheaper price and give a new take on the character. Everything I’m saying about Superman applies to Batman as well. They don’t need Ben Affleck to comeback as Batman just like they don’t need Henry Cavill to comeback as Superman. It’s all hindsight sure but having Wonder Woman and Aquaman be successful gives WB the upper hand now. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I'm not gonna accuse anyone of anything, but it's kind of funny how Holmes & Watson, a box office bomb with the worst reviews of the year already has 8 ratings in the Review section of this forum and 7 comments while no one, not one single member, watched Second Act, a box office hit, with decent reviews, that stars a latin woman. You all criticize the lack of representation, lack of diversity in genres, lack of originality, yet never practice what you preach. 

I wasn’t a big fan of First Act so I decided to not check out the sequel

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Nova said:

I’m not a studio head for a reason :lol: But I just think WB/DC would be better off exploring other characters (which is what it seems like they’re doing) instead of trying to release another Superman or Batman movie. Of course had Aquaman not done so well, this convo would prob be different but that’s how the movie business is. It’s a strike while it’s hot type of business/what’s happening right now. But from my view point, what’s the reasoning behind giving Henry a huge paycheck to comeback as Superman? Right now, Superman is not needed. And if Shazam is well recieved too, it’s just digging the Superman hole even bigger. 

And like I said, when they’re ready to bring back Superman, they can cast someone for a cheaper price and give a new take on the character. Everything I’m saying about Superman applies to Batman as well. They don’t need Ben Affleck to comeback as Batman just like they don’t need Henry Cavill to comeback as Superman. It’s all hindsight sure but having Wonder Woman and Aquaman be successful gives WB the upper hand now. 

I think another Batman film will come since it's being written at the moment and will be greenlit within the next year and clearly with Joker and Birds of Prey, WB isn't straying far from Gotham City. 

They can set the stage for the return of Bats and Supes in the future in their own solo movies by having references to them in the other movies like BoP, Batgirl, Nightwing for Batman and Supergirl for Superman. Simple solution, 1B+ WW guaranteed for each of their movies, pay me WB. 

Edited by DMan7