spatulashack

Tuesday #s (Aquaman, Poppins, Bumble)

Just now, Johnny Tran said:

Deadline's "experts"  say it will cross $900M but they aren't confident enough to say one billion is locked? the hell?   :lol:

Well, 100 million isn't really spare change. I can somewhat see why they'd not be 100% confident, before seeing the rest of the week and the weekend hold.

Just now, fmpro said:

Really Gitesh. “May pass 300m”. 

That really says that he`s only reporting BO and not understanding it...

I suppose there's the fear that Bumblebee will kill its legs. But with its projections dropping as we near opening, we of course expect AQM to regain screens and still stay strong. Fence-sitting is probably the safest position to take when reporting something like this on twitter, though. If it fails to reach that prediction, there's loads of sharks circling...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

I suppose there's the fear that Bumblebee will kill its legs. But with its projections dropping as we near opening, we of course expect AQM to regain screens and still stay strong. Fence-sitting is probably the safest position to take when reporting something like this on twitter, though. If it fails to reach that prediction, there's loads of sharks circling...

I did not read his tweet all that well. Its China gross. Then hes right.

i made a mistake. My bad

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TMP said:

Now that WB is rolling in fish money, push Wonder Woman 1984 back to November you cowards!

Very odd delay. Giving WW84 a year and a half of post production. That being said they have to be careful with the film considering critics will most likely go full force against it now that is no longer the first big female led superhero film and is following Captain Marvel.

1 hour ago, reddevil19 said:

Not convinced that Batman will make it to 2020

Didn't Reeves take about 3 years between Apes films? 2020 seems like a good target. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Heat Vision said:

Very odd delay. Giving WW84 a year and a half of post production. That being said they have to be careful with the film considering critics will most likely go full force against it now that is no longer the first big female led superhero film and is following Captain Marvel.

WW84 will probably get great reviews, so there's really 0 reason for WB to delay it

1 minute ago, Johnny Tran said:

What's the latest though?  Last I knew he was writing the script but they haven't cast anyone and nobody knows if Affleck is in or out. 

Casting starts February and filming begins in June according to the scoopersphere. Reeves just turned in his final draft of the script. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VTKajin said:

Casting starts February and filming begins in June according to the scoopersphere. Reeves just turned in his final draft of the script. 

With that schedule The Batman can easily be out by October/November 2020.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

With that schedule The Batman can easily be out by October/November 2020.

I doubt it'll be in production that long. It probably won't be post-heavy. Not to mention October and November aren't good months for the movie. November has FB3 and October has Venom, while not being a huge month for blockbusters in general. I'm placing my bets on August.