Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 | July 12 2023 | 99% on Rotten Tomatoes! | 290M budget so far, Cruise holding Paramount hostage for more money

4 minutes ago, Maggie said:

It's good they moved the released two days earlier to get some of that IMAX money, but now i wonder if Oppenheimer will not do the same and set IMAX showing earlier.  Can they do that?

Oppenheimer has 3 weeks of IMAX , I doubt it moves, MI still huge overseas so they might want space between releases 

• Like 1

On 4/28/2023 at 3:44 AM, Maggie said:

It's good they moved the released two days earlier to get some of that IMAX money, but now i wonder if Oppenheimer will not do the same and set IMAX showing earlier.  Can they do that?

Moving the release 2 days earlier is basically a fuck you to Disney, it's Paramount saying they think Indy V will underperform and they want to take IMAX screens away from that movie. I doubt Universal will want to try competing with MI7 for IMAX screens cause it's not going to end well for Oppenheimer.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2023 at 12:40 PM, scytheavatar said:

Moving the release 2 days earlier is basically a fuck you to Disney, it's Paramount saying they think Indy V will underperform and they want to take IMAX screens away from that movie. I doubt Universal will want to try competing with MI7 for IMAX screens cause it's not going to end well for Oppenheimer.

I'm a pretty big Mission fan, heck I started the sub on reddit for it but I don't think paramount thinks Indy will underperform as much as they just want the extra showtimes because of the long run time and because they think the movie is great and want word of mouth to build going into the weekend. As much as I love Mission Impossible Indy is my most anticipated movie of the year and people will be surprised how well it does.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HesAPooka said:

I'm a pretty big Mission fan, heck I started the sub on reddit for it but I don't think paramount thinks Indy will underperform as much as they just want the extra showtimes because of the long run time and because they think the movie is great and want word of mouth to build going into the weekend. As much as I love Mission Impossible Indy is my most anticipated movie of the year and people will be surprised how well it does.

Not to mention the fact that Paramount also has a financial stake in Indy 5. 

57 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Imo, no. Too much competition form Oppenheimer and Barbie looks to smash too

I just think that the three can co-exist and July onwards is pretty much free of big competition. The big one for August is probably just THE MEG: THE TRENCH. What are you expecting for BARBIE and OPPENHEIMER?

Edited by kayumanggi

Just now, kayumanggi said:

I just think that the three can co-exist and July onwards is pretty much free of big competition. The big one for August is probably just THE MEG: THE TRENCH.

What are you expecting for BARBIE and OPPENHEIMER?

Barbie marketing will suck out all the air in July. Oppenheimer also with the atomic bomb will be a hot subject. 

I now think Barbie has massive potential. I kinda wouldn't be surprised by a close to 100M OW. Oppenheimer 40-50M. Maybe these predictions are delusional, but as i said, the marketing of these movies will be big.

5 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I just think that the three can co-exist and July onwards is pretty much free of big competition. The big one for August is probably just THE MEG: THE TRENCH. What are you expecting for BARBIE and OPPENHEIMER?

Yes, I really think MI7 could somehow survive from them just like how TGM did as long as the film is really that great like those test reactions. 

Not trying to underestimate Barbie & Oppenheimer, but I can hardly imagine they are going to be bigger than those titles in last summer combined. Actually, I expect all of them will have very very long runnings and give one of the most crazy summer businesses ever. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Maggie said:

Barbie marketing will suck out all the air in July. Oppenheimer also with the atomic bomb will be a hot subject. 

I now think Barbie has massive potential. I kinda wouldn't be surprised by a close to 100M OW. Oppenheimer 40-50M. Maybe these predictions are delusional, but as i said, the marketing of these movies will be big.

That would be crazy if BARBIE opened to 100M.

3 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

Yes, I really think MI7 could somehow survive from them just like how TGM did as long as the film is really that great like those test reactions. 

Not trying to underestimate Barbie & Oppenheimer, but I can hardly imagine they are going to be bigger than those titles in last summer combined. Actually, I expect all of them will have very very long runnings and give one of the most crazy summer businesses ever. 

LOVE AND THUNDER and RISE OF GRU were able to make 700M between them. Maybe the three this July can split a similar amount among them. 😅