Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 | July 12 2023 | 99% on Rotten Tomatoes! | 290M budget so far, Cruise holding Paramount hostage for more money

On 4/30/2023 at 4:26 PM, HesAPooka said:

I'm a pretty big Mission fan, heck I started the sub on reddit for it but I don't think paramount thinks Indy will underperform as much as they just want the extra showtimes because of the long run time and because they think the movie is great and want word of mouth to build going into the weekend. As much as I love Mission Impossible Indy is my most anticipated movie of the year and people will be surprised how well it does.

Hey, I just joined the sub lol. Just got through all 6 for my first time this past month or so. Streaming helped me get through all the movies. I think that might be a benefit for Mission Impossible, that more people were able to catch up on all the movies after the Tom Cruise hype from Top Gun Maverick and the Paramount and Prime streaming service being available. That's what got me into the franchise at least.

Edited by Austin
  • Thanks 1

Is it possible for Dead Reckoning to earn PLFs back after a couple weeks just like John Wick 4 did this week?

Also, is the movie getting a China release? I haven't found anything on that and I was curious because China has been the largest market OS for the past Mission Impossible movies.

Edited by Austin

13 minutes ago, Austin said:

Is it confirmed to not have either markets?

Russia is confirmed, China idk if it will play there, but HW movies have been doing very poorly in China lately. Fallout made almost 200M there. No way DR comes close to that.

Edited by Maggie
  • Like 1

China will secure a release plan.

MI7 will be one of the very few HLW titles doing big in here. I can't tell how big, but nothing else looks bigger than this one.

And by the way, Barbie & Oppenheimer could miss release plans here considering WB & Uni never released any trailer through its social media accounts (A sign they gave it up). It means the only competitions MI7 may face during summer are local blockbusters.

Edited by Gavin Feng
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

MI7 will be one of the very few HLW titles doing big in here. I can't tell how big, but nothing else looks bigger than this one.

And by the way, Barbie & Oppenheimer could miss release plans here considering WB & Uni never released any trailer through its social media accounts (A sign they gave it up). It means the only competitions MI7 may face during summer are local blockbusters.

Isn't simu Liu a no go in china? I think barbie is out because of that 

4 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

As GogoDanca said not surprised by Barbie. Its an american icon plus Simi Liu is there. But considering Nolan's fanbase I am surprised by Universal not even trying to release it in China !!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

why no new trailer?

They are still testing the movie. Had a test screening yesterday.  I guess they don't wanna include shots in the trailer that won't be in the movie.

Edited by Maggie