Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 | July 12 2023 | 99% on Rotten Tomatoes! | 290M budget so far, Cruise holding Paramount hostage for more money

I wonder if there is a bigger villain who's a name actor that's not going to be revealed until the very end of DR Part 1, if you have say Tom Hanks or Brad Pitt looking at a defeated Ethan, the audience would go nuts. 

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I wonder if there is a bigger villain who's a name actor that's not going to be revealed until the very end of DR Part 1, if you have say Tom Hanks or Brad Pitt looking at a defeated Ethan, the audience would go nuts. 

I doubt it. Where did you came up with this idea?

I’m sure it will be great, but the marketing hasn’t done much in the way of enticing audiences with a story/plot. It’s really relied 100% on “look at all these cool stunts!” which, maybe that’s enough for huge numbers, but I really think the marketing needs to push some kind of narrative-based reason for audiences to see this.

Best modern franchise but that was a wildly disappointing trailer relative to Fallout or even the teaser for this. Why does everything look CGI?? Where's the big hook stunt? What's the plot? Gotta step it up if this is going to breakout tbh.

• Like 2

The marketing for this film is why I've been hesitant to say it'll be the biggest film of the summer. They released the first trailer a year ago to attach it to Top Gun. Now this trailer doesn't stand out or really have a hook. Feels like they're resting on their laurels and the Top Gun hype. 

Hopefully they step it up the last couple months. 

Edit: I think the "Part One" in the title will also hold it back some. 

Edited by GambitPool
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Best modern franchise but that was a wildly disappointing trailer relative to Fallout or even the teaser for this. Why does everything look CGI?? Where's the big hook stunt? What's the plot? Gotta step it up if this is going to breakout tbh.

I partially agree, although it is a very mild criticism. Certainly  not everything looks like CGI, but there are some elements with that couldn't be avoided (a lot of the train crash for instance based on the circumstances). Venture a guess it will look a lot better on the big screen with a good projector. Also, they haven't given away plot details in these trailers for awhile.

Very good trailer IMO.

TO BE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE AND WIN A PRIZE (DEFINED BELOW), YOU MUST LIVE IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (EXCLUDING FLORIDA)

J Jonah Jameson Laughing GIF

Winner gets to go to Rome from 18th June through 20th June, so first reactions probably 3 weeks before release

Edited by GOGODanca

11 minutes ago, John Marston said:

hope Covid filming hasn’t hurt this movie and made them require more on CGI

Covid delays really bloated the budget. It kept stopping and starting again. With the budget so huge, they are going to just try to make back their money at this point.

Hopefully now that no one cares about covid anymore, the budget for the next and final MI film will be more manageable.

I don't think CGI would be an issue. Look at MCU or Fast franchise, the whole film is literally a CGI fest. This franchise has a lot of realism to offer, the train sequence look great.

I think it's good that we don't see much of the plot,  hate trailers where they show the entire movie. Also, probably still some stuff to figure out with editing of which scenes might end up in PART 2.

FALLOUT had no plot and a script that was less than 30 pages. Worked out just fine.

• Like 1

The funny part about the complains is that the digital aspect is coming from Lightning and color grading, not bad VFX 

And yes it will look good on the big screen, the type of visual aspect they choose normally don’t translate well to YouTube and Twitter compression 

• Like 2