MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

5 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Wait are they killing a baby in this? Because that would be a very easy way to get a D CinemaScore lol

That won't happen . Killing a baby in a pg-13 comic book movie released during Christmas is a big NO. 

Most reasonable plot is Aquaman's dad getting offed ( perhaps his mother ) and the kid gets kidnapped so that would be a bait to call Aquaman's attention.

21 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

The Marvels redux. Both studios completely abandoned their CBMs.

Even if Disney and WB gave Marvels and Aquaman 2 massive marketing campaigns, they would have inevitably crashed and bombed as WOM got out. It's what happened to the Flash. So by doing bare minimum marketing (i.e. some TV spots and not much else), they get to cut their losses

10 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

Even if Disney and WB gave Marvels and Aquaman 2 massive marketing campaigns, they would have inevitably crashed and bombed as WOM got out. It's what happened to the Flash. So by doing bare minimum marketing (i.e. some TV spots and not much else), they get to cut their losses

I should mention that Disney gave a big marketing campaign to The Marvels (they only lack cast promotion due to the strike). People didn't notice the marketing campaign, because there wasn't interest on The Marvels.

In the case of WB, they really seem disinterested on promoting Aquaman 2.

Edited by Kon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bob Train said:

Disagree.

2 hours ago, Kon said:

I should mention that Disney gave a big marketing campaign to The Marvels (they only lack cast promotion due to the strike). People didn't notice the marketing campaign, because there wasn't interest on The Marvels.

In the case of WB, they really seem disinterested on promoting Aquaman 2.

They certainly did not do anything of the sort.  

7 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

They certainly did not do anything of the sort.  

Who are you speaking?

Disney? They spend a good amount of money on The Marvels promotion. They have Goose the cat appears on Las Vegas Sphere. There was also other kind of promotion for The Marvels. 

Just now, Kon said:

Who are you speaking?

Disney? They spend a good amount of money on The Marvels promotion. They have Goose the cat appears on Las Vegas Sphere. There was also other kind of promotion for The Marvels. 

They promoted the film the final week of release. But this isn't the Marvels thread.