Ms Lady Hawk

Monday numbers: Dumbo- 2.88 Us- 2.69 CM - 1.66

40 minutes ago, tawasal said:

Why would you predict less than 70% drop?

The logical drop would be around 70% to 74%. 

And Tuesday drops have been (+33.3%, +46.3%  and +49.5%) respectively. 

CM

1st mon: -71.7%

2nd mon: -73.4%

3rd mon: -71.1%

I was hoping for stronger demand prior to Shazam to make up for what will probably be a weak weekend. Sunday by forecast was way over as well. I was hoping the strength would carry through. Had Sunday performed as expected it would have been below 70%.

1 hour ago, cdsacken said:

Perhaps. Probably will have a really strong Tuesday as well. Hope it falls off hard this weekend so the theater count plummets. This isn't about politics I just hate propaganda fake movies. They are becoming way too popular on both sides.

Nothing fake about murder and infanticide. 

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

14 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I was hoping for stronger demand prior to Shazam to make up for what will probably be a weak weekend. Sunday by forecast was way over as well. I was hoping the strength would carry through. Had Sunday performed as expected it would have been below 70%.

Sunday was a typical drop too, nothing out of the ordinary.  

1st sun: -26.5%

2nd sun: -33.6%

3rd sun: -33.7%

4th sun: -33.2%

15 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

No way, 420+ requires a *huge* Endgame bump. Hunger Games is about where it looks headed for now.

15 minutes ago, tawasal said:

Are you joking? 

CF had christmas and new year after it's 4th weekend. 

12 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

CM wont have the Christmas bump though. How much it can benefit from Endgame remains to be seen.

I see CM more in the 405-415M region finishing.

You guys have tunnel vision.  Look over to the original Hunger Games comparison which was released in March and offer a better day by day comparison. 

CM is 17M$ ahead of HG, a lead it has maintained for the last 14 days on average.  It is also keeping this pace over the last 5 comparable days.   

At this point in its run,  Hunger Games was about to hit "summer" days (May) in two weeks with 40M$ left in the tank after that.  Memorial day was  43 days away and it gained 12M$ after that holiday.  Granted, Hunger Games developed some pretty good late legs with 30% and 26% drops over the next two weekends.  

Captain Marvel will face a soft direct competitor this weekend with Shazam, will benefit from an Easter boost in less than three weeks and will be affected (positively or negatively) by Endgame in 23 days at which point it should be around 395M$-405M$ and still doing 5-8M$ per week if it's keeping with the original Hunger Games patterns (as it has been for the last 2 weeks)

If it keeps that 17M$ lead throughout its run, it will finish at 425M$.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, langer said:

You guys have tunnel vision.  Look over to the original Hunger Games comparison which was released in March and offer a better day by day comparison. 

CM is 17M$ ahead of HG, a lead it has maintained for the last 14 days on average.  It is also keeping this pace over the last 5 comparable days.   

At this point in its run,  Hunger Games was about to hit "summer" days (May) in two weeks with 40M$ left in the tank after that.  Memorial day was  43 days away and it gained 12M$ after that holiday.  Granted, Hunger Games developed some pretty good late legs with 30% and 26% drops over the next two weekends.  

Captain Marvel will face a soft direct competitor this weekend with Shazam, will benefit from an Easter boost in less than three weeks and will be affected (positively or negatively) by Endgame in 23 days at which point it should be around 395M$-405M$ and still doing 5-8M$ per week if it's keeping with the original Hunger Games patterns (as it has been for the last 2 weeks)

6 minutes ago, langer said:

THG is an awful, awful comp. It fell like a rock in the first two weeks, dropping way behind CM, but had extremely good late legs that there’s no reason to think CM will replicate.

13 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

Nothing fake about murder and infanticide. 

I'm not going into politics. The story itself is full of blatant lies to push one narrative. I'm not pro-choice but suffice to say I loathe liars.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, langer said:

Still think it's going to be closer to CF than to HG (which means a little over 416M$)  

HG: 408m/152m = 2.68x

CF: 424m/158m = 2.68x

CM: 153m*2.68 = 410m 

Even if it had HG legs it won't reach CF's 424m. Even CF's legs translate to the same as HG's. 

13 minutes ago, tawasal said:

Sunday was a typical drop too, nothing out of the ordinary.  

1st sun: -26.5%

2nd sun: -33.6%

3rd sun: -33.7%

4th sun: -33.2%

Sunday was above forecast so I hoped it would be. The end.