CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

25 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Oh out of these critics, like 19 negatives lol. Ben Rolph being the only positive with a 5/5 (as I said before, he'll like anything lol). It's possible David Gonzalez is also fresh but he hasn't really said. The publication he's at gave it a positive review but it wasn't from him, though he did share it on twitter. Tessa Smith is also an easy mark so she may have liked it but there's no info on that, but at the very least 17 negatives out of these 20 lol.

When you put it like that...it's hard not to feel a little optimistic.

Interesting quote from Yates from an Italian Film magazine:

It is rumored that, in one of the next two chapters, fantastic animals could arrive in Italy. Is it so?

Yeats remains vague:"That would be great, but you should ask Jo. We have not yet planned the next adventures, I am about to make another film and she is writing a couple of books. It's been four years since the Crimes of Grindelwald and the world has kept spinning, so we concluded that even if another four years have passed, it won't be a problem (laughs). We also realized that, after the triumphal reception of the first chapter, we had dived too quickly into the second. We are not in a hurry, we want to take things calmly: we are satisfied with this film, it is almost an autonomous story. We enjoy the moment, waiting to find out what the public will think."

Found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/FantasticBeasts/comments/tuod2k/david_yeats_talked_about_the_next_installments/

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Noctis said:

When you put it like that...it's hard not to feel a little optimistic.

If anything, what this film seems to be able to walk away with is that it, against the odds, actually managed to win a decent chunk of people back.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, WeThrones said:

So based on Yates' comments Part 4 is not a sure thing and even then it probably won't be released before 2026.

I feel like they canned the 5 film plan for this after the second movie in all honesty. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Oh out of these critics, like 19 negatives lol. Ben Rolph being the only positive with a 5/5 (as I said before, he'll like anything lol). It's possible David Gonzalez is also fresh but he hasn't really said. The publication he's at gave it a positive review but it wasn't from him, though he did share it on twitter. Tessa Smith is also an easy mark so she may have liked it but there's no info on that, but at the very least 17 negatives out of these 20 lol.

Well, that is definitely something

Does somebody know what are their grades for FB1?

49 minutes ago, AJG said:

I feel like they canned the 5 film plan for this after the second movie in all honesty. 

They should just make it a new series that focuses solely on Dumbledore/Grindelwald. They already have the best actors playing them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WeThrones said:

So based on Yates' comments Part 4 is not a sure thing and even then it probably won't be released before 2026.

By 2030 when Fantastic Beasts 5 is released Yates has reached retirement age, although directors often keep it going until the bitter end. 

1 hour ago, WeThrones said:

https://deadline.com/2021/08/harry-potter-fantastic-beasts-david-yates-sony-next-project-1234816953/ 

Yeah the news about David Yates working on another project came out in August of last year. It definitely feels like WB is going to wait and see how this third film does before they decide to do part 4 and 5. They may decide to either cancel the series or get a new creative team on board; personally I hope its the latter because god damn they need to get somebody new to make Potter content.

Yates has been in this franchise for a while and I'd be surprised if he's not at least a little tired of Potter by now. Even if the money's good at a certain point any director would be like "I have to do something else". 

19 minutes ago, TheBigYawn said:

By 2030 when Fantastic Beasts 5 is released Yates has reached retirement age, although directors often keep it going until the bitter end. 

IIRC Yates had a lot of projects lined up at the start of 2010, but they all seemed to have fallen by the wayside when the studios wanted to focus more on tentpoles. 

9 minutes ago, clockwork said:

https://deadline.com/2021/08/harry-potter-fantastic-beasts-david-yates-sony-next-project-1234816953/ 

Yeah the news about David Yates working on another project came out in August of last year. It definitely feels like WB is going to wait and see how this third film does before they decide to do part 4 and 5. They may decide to either cancel the series or get a new creative team on board; personally I hope its the latter because god damn they need to get somebody new to make Potter content.

Yates has been in this franchise for a while and I'd be surprised if he's not at least a little tired of Potter by now. Even if the money's good at a certain point any director would be like "I have to do something else". 

He's a mediocre director...

Don't think he will get much jobs..

That's why he prefers to keep filming FB

Yates is in his wheelhouse with character-driven scenes and that's where he most shines. 

But come on, let's get new blood. I swear, they could make a new series with Jude Law/Mads Mikkelsen and it would do really well - a new trilogy (only) and that would be it. Just get a damn new director - this series is too expansive to have had the SAME DIRECTOR FOR FIFTEEN YEARS. 

Some sources online say David Yates' net worth is $22m-$25m. Shouldn't it be higher by now?

But my goodness, the amount of money David Heyman made on Potter and FB must have been fucking ridiculous. Plus Gravity and the Paddington films.

Edited by Noctis

11 minutes ago, Rogerio said:

Don't think he will get much jobs..

I'm sure he has been offered a lot of projects in the past he has declined. All the studio executives would care about is his resume of highly profitable blockbusters. On the other hand he's not an unknown director anymore such as the directors Marvel often hire these days, so he would probably getting offers primarily from WB. 

14 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Just get a damn new director - this series is too expansive to have had the SAME DIRECTOR FOR FIFTEEN YEARS. 

I always admired Heyman for his inspired choices for directors in the HP series, but he has became far too comfortable working with only people he's been working with for the last fifteen years. He could even give Paul King, who he has worked with on the Paddington series, a chance to direct Potter. 

Edited by TheBigYawn
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Noctis said:

But my goodness, the amount of money David Heyman made on Potter and FB must have been fucking ridiculous. Plus Gravity and the Paddington films.

David Heyman is masterful at branding. Notice his choice of words in interviews. For him it's always about finding the truth and sincerity in the material and characters. And he's effectively sold the notion that his production teams are like a big happy family. There's a reason he is as successful as he is. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheBigYawn said:

I always admired Heyman for his inspired choices for directors in the HP series, but he has became far too comfortable working with only people he's been working with for the last fifteen years. He could even give Paul King, who he has worked with on the Paddington series, a chance to direct Potter. 

I never considered King, but it would be an awesome film. Could be a similar Potter compared to the Columbus ones with so much warmth and rewatchability

• Like 1

Just now, TheBigYawn said:

David Heyman is masterful at branding. Notice his choice of words in interviews. For him it's always about finding the truth and sincerity in the material and characters. And he's effectively sold the notion that his production teams are like a big happy family. There's a reason he is as successful as he is. 

He also has an incredibly solid track record, with poorly received films being very few and far between.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Samwise the Brave said:

I never considered King, but it would be an awesome film. Could be a similar Potter compared to the Columbus ones with so much warmth and rewatchability

In my opinion King is far more creative than Columbus as well, although his passion for Potter did result in two really solid films. 

• Like 1