CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

15 minutes ago, Noctis said:

5%? Lol

You think it's higher? Even Germany is tracking kinda low, a market where FB2 increased by 10% compared the NA where it decreased by 30% compared to the first. Currently FB3 is tracking 15-20% below Crimes. Similar drop for Dom suggest 50-55 but considering Germany is more forgiving it could be more like 45-50

I think WB wants a WW total at around 500M, which is around the same the last one did without Russia and China (this one has China, I know, but c'mon, the last one did 110M there and this one will be lucky to do half of that).

59 minutes ago, Samwise the Brave said:

You think it's higher? Even Germany is tracking kinda low, a market where FB2 increased by 10% compared the NA where it decreased by 30% compared to the first. Currently FB3 is tracking 15-20% below Crimes. Similar drop for Dom suggest 50-55 but considering Germany is more forgiving it could be more like 45-50

I was talking about the RT score.

FB3 is currently expected to do around 800k+ admissions for the weekend in Germany. Pretty great number. 

But we'll see how it does soon enough.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I think WB wants a WW total at around 500M, which is around the same the last one did without Russia and China (this one has China, I know, but c'mon, the last one did 110M there and this one will be lucky to do half of that).

Huh? Crimes did 53m in China.

Cinemas are mostly shut down in China so it will be lucky to do half of that. Where did you get 110m?

With Russia not opening and China in lockdown, anything over $420m would be a decent enough result with HBO Max coming out soon.

I would kill for them to make a new series based on the Dumbledore/Grindelwald war - they have the best actors playing them already and a new director/screenwriter would give the series a much needed sense of change.

We'll see. But the 80m-90m you predicted for its total DOM is veeeeeeeeeery unlikely to happen.

RT score is bound to be fresh. Many of the reactions think it's the best of the three and FBAWTFT has a 74% on RT (should be higher). It's going to get a lot of play on HBO Max for sure as well. 

Disagreed about removing Yates and what? Jo? It's her world jesus christ. And this is Yates' baby as well, he's directing all five, so it's time to put those dreams of another director to bed. He's doing superbly and has been since Potter.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Cinemas are mostly shut down in China so it will be lucky to do half of that. Where did you get 110m?

With Russia not opening and China in lockdown, anything over $420m would be a decent enough result with HBO Max coming out soon.

I would kill for them to make a new series based on the Dumbledore/Grindelwald war - they have the best actors playing them already and a new director/screenwriter would give the series a much needed sense of change.

We'll see. But the 80m-90m you predicted for its total DOM is veeeeeeeeeery unlikely to happen.

It is Monday, give me a break. I guess 25M from China then.

8 minutes ago, MadGoose said:

RT score is bound to be fresh. Many of the reactions think it's the best of the three and FBAWTFT has a 74% on RT (should be higher). It's going to get a lot of play on HBO Max for sure as well. 

Disagreed about removing Yates and what? Jo? It's her world jesus christ. And this is Yates' baby as well, he's directing all five, so it's time to put those dreams of another director to bed. He's doing superbly and has been since Potter.

I like Yates a lot and think he absolutely shines in character-driven scenes. 

But I welcome new blood. And Rowling should always be involved. 

35 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Why is China still in a lockdown? Lockdowns were sooo 2021

2 hours ago, MadGoose said:

It's entirely possible the first film if re-evaluated today would not get the same kind of reviews as it did in 2016. The best of the franchise may not necessarily mean it has the same kind of standard the first one did. A mid 50s wouldn't be entirely surprising but we'll see, the reactions here seem positive enough that it can squeak by fresh.

Edited by MrPink

2 hours ago, Noctis said:

I was talking about the RT score.

FB3 is currently expected to do around 800k+ admissions for the weekend in Germany. Pretty great number. 

But we'll see how it does soon enough.

My bad but maybe FB3 can challenge 1M but that enormous bump would kibda have to come out of nowhere and the first screenings begin tomorrow here already

28 minutes ago, MrPink said:

It's entirely possible the first film if re-evaluated today would not get the same kind of reviews as it did in 2016. The best of the franchise may not necessarily mean it has the same kind of standard the first one did. A mid 50s wouldn't be entirely surprising but we'll see, the reactions here seem positive enough that it can squeak by fresh.

That's True, but just because people watch those movies prepared to hate it

That didn't happen with FB1