CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

26 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

2 Soundtracks have been released on YouTube. I gave this a listen and i think it sounds really good. Howard delivering the goods once again it seems.

Instantly forgettable to my ears, although it's only two tracks. But even if the soundtrack as a whole is less memorable than CoG (the music was one of the best aspects of the film), I am still confident SoD will be a lot better in most other aspects. 

Edited by TheBigYawn
  • Like 2

So, basically, what you can essentially guarantee is that this will undoubtedly get better reviews than Crimes. Not a single person has not mentioned that it is not at the very least an improvement, with the majority saying the improvement is huge.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Noctis said:

I do hope I will feel as enthusiastic about the movie as these guys, but the previous two left me barely satisfied, with the first one still being decent enough and the second great in parts, but underwhelming as a whole. I look forward to the day I find a Fantastic Beasts movie... fantastic (sorry about the pun, but I blame the world premiere from London where everyone but Fogler had a fantastic evening).

Edited by TheBigYawn
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheBigYawn said:

I do hope I will feel as enthusiastic about the movie as these guys, but the previous two left me barely satisfied, with the first one still being decent enough and the second great in parts, but underwhelming as a whole. I look forward to the day I find a Fantastic Beasts movie... fantastic (sorry about the pun, but I blame world premiere from London).

If the reactions are anything to go by, they're on the right track. From what I can safely gather, the Dumbledore/Grindelwald dynamic is likely the strongest aspect of the trilogy so far - which is phenomenal going forward. We'll see how the story is this time, and how well Rowling and Kloves particularly weaved the beasts lore into the wider war. 

Also looks like we've got a huge winner in the character of Lally - who will likely play a crucial role alongside Tina and Queenie.

2 minutes ago, Noctis said:

how well Rowling and Kloves particularly weaved the beasts lore into the wider war. 

She made it unnecessarily difficult for herself from the initial premise she created in merging Newt's story with Dumbledore/Grindelwald's, but it's too late to change that now. It worked out okay in the first film, but she didn't strike the right balance in the second. From the early reactions on Secrets of Dumbledore it seems Rowling and Kloves got it right this time, probably thanks to Kloves' input. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Sorry guys, but don't consider those 2..

They would love any crap 

(They LOVE crimes)

Here in Brazil we have great people, like ANIMAGOS.. And they liked it (including 2 girls who hated Crimes).. that is a good sign, not those 2 guys 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Rogerio said:

Sorry guys, but don't consider those 2..

They would love any crap 

(They LOVE crimes)

Here in Brazil we have great people, like ANIMAGOS.. And they liked it (including 2 girls who hated Crimes).. that is a good sign, not those 2 guys 

Who were the two girls that hated Crimes but liked this? if you can link us to their tweet, that would be great.

11 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Who were the two girls that hated Crimes but liked this? if you can link us to their tweet, that would be great.

I'm afraid I don't follow their personal accounts..

They made a live reacting the movie, and then they talk about how they hated Crimes and really liked Secrets.. their grades are 8.5-9

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It's sounding like a 45-55 percenter.

Nah, not 45 for sure.

I'm still confident this is going to be in the 60-70 range. Almost all (verified) reviews consider this a big improvement over Crimes with many stating is better than FB1.

Unless there is a barrage of negativity, I doubt it increases only 10% from Crimes. 

• Like 1