The Horror of Lucas Films

The Nun 2 | September 8, 2023

7 minutes ago, Litio said:

I will intensify my prayers that Warner sells the rights to TCU to a decent studio like Paramount.

oh please get over it. i don't know how you can say WB has failed this franchise when it is literally easily the biggest horror franchise of all time.

• Like 1

Moderation

@Litio This "Warner isn't treating Conjuring properly. Warner should sell the franchise away" stuff isn't funny anymore. It's silly, hyperbolic nonsense this forum doesn't need and I already asked for people to stop this. If you continue this any further, you will leave me with no other choice but to give you a threadban.

It's kinda odd how things slowed down for the Conjuring universe since the pandemic. It used to have one movie a year. Since covid they only shot this one and I think they still haven't started shooting the next one (The Conjuring 4), and there's nothing else announced to be in development. James Wan signed with Universal, publicly announced on Instagram that the Crooked Man spin-off was not happening anymore and it was outside of his control, and also had an announced Aquaman spin-off movie cancelled by WB. Not to mention the rumors of trouble with Aquaman 2. 

• Like 1

Well, this seems to be the kind of "more of the same" movie. The "more of the same" approach isn't always a bad thing, BUT this is following The Nun, and that one was very bad. So, I'm really not feeling anything and definitely no hype. I'm actually more excited to watch Saw X, which is quite impressive for a 10th Saw movie.

20 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Well, this seems to be the kind of "more of the same" movie. The "more of the same" approach isn't always a bad thing, BUT this is following The Nun, and that one was very bad. So, I'm really not feeling anything and definitely no hype. I'm actually more excited to watch Saw X, which is quite impressive for a 10th Saw movie.

The Washington Post critic called is 'Sutiably Creepy but Creativitly Bankrupt"ie, it is not a terrible movie; it is competently made, but brings absolutely nothing new to the table.

Lets face it, when Wan  sort of left the franchise except for a Exec.Producer credit, he took the Creativity with him.

• Like 1

This was much better than the first.

And for the first 2 acts I thought they had a real winner here. But the 3rd act kind of unravels everything. Where the first 2 acts is filled with great imagery and shots,with a real nice creeping dread, the 3rd tries to go almost full action and in your face. It loses any suspense or tension. It reminded me of the IT films where it's just obvious cg jumping at you.its bombastic in a bad way.

Still, I did really enjoy 2/3 of it.

6/10

My new ranking of these.

Conjuring 2
Conjuring 1
Annabelle 2
Annabelle 3
La llorona
Nun 2
Annabelle
Conjuring 3
Nun 1

Might as well do an obligatory ranking of TCU movies now that I've seen this.

Conjuring 2

Conjuring 1 (I probably enjoy this one more but 2 I think has the edge when it comes to the craft)

Annabelle: Creation

Annabelle Comes Home

The Nun 2

Annabelle

The Conjuring 3

The Nun

The Curse of La Llorona

Oh yeah I'll throw in my ranking as well

1. The Conjuring 2
2. The Conjuring
3. Annabelle Comes Home
4. The Conjuring 3
5. Annabelle Creation
6. The Nun 2
7. The Nun
8. Annabelle

and then Curse of La Llorona doesn't even count but I'd put it last if I included it. I thought Nun 2 was a fine watch but didn't get much out of it when all was said and done (I like 5 and above)