5: 378 - 391 (-13)

6: 391 - 402 (-11)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

cc @Brainbug 

Captain Marvels run will end at 416M.

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

It may not even get that high.

That said, when late legs pop up like this, you just don't know how long they'll last. A friend from out of state just told me yesterday "we're finally going to go see CM next week". I said it's about time, he agreed. There may be a lot of people still in that same boat after Endgame opens. So maybe 430 is even still magically on the table.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

This will be the gross on May 9, so when you remember that Pika will take up 100% of screens after it looks right on the money,

• Like 1

Disney double feature shenanigans aside (which they probably gonna give to Dumbo more than Capt. Marvel), it just make sense that the movie which will get the most spillover effect from Endgame is CM. How big of a spillover is gonna be interesting to see.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sam said:

Disney double feature shenanigans aside (which they probably gonna give to Dumbo more than Capt. Marvel), 

There's some logic to splitting that 22-movie marathon 50/50 between CM and Endgame, since those will be the two movies still with regular theatrical showings.

10 minutes ago, Sam said:

Disney double feature shenanigans aside (which they probably gonna give to Dumbo more than Capt. Marvel), it just make sense that the movie which will get the most spillover effect from Endgame is CM. How big of a spillover is gonna be interesting to see.

Why would they waste that on puny Dumbo?

1 minute ago, tawasal said:

Why would they waste that on puny Dumbo?

You tell me. Last year double feature with IW went to A Wrinkle in Time instead of BP for the majority of it.

(although that mostly has to do with Disney trying to get AWIT passing $100M mark, Dumbo seems fine to get there by itself so maybe not) 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kitik said:

There's some logic to splitting that 22-movie marathon 50/50 between CM and Endgame, since those will be the two movies still with regular theatrical showings.

This is an interesting question :thinking:   

Did BP get any money from the marathons last year? Guess we don’t really know, pretty small amount of $$ overall.

4 minutes ago, Sam said:

You tell me. Last year double feature with IW went to A Wrinkle in Time instead of BP for the majority of it.

(although that mostly has to do with Disney trying to get AWIT passing $100M mark, Dumbo seems fine to get there by itself so maybe not) 

Hmm, Black Panther did only drop 4% the weekend Infinity War opened, as well as Wrinkle increasing, so they probably gave the money to both. 

2 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

2.6 2.9 2.1 : 7.6

That's what I see coming for CM.

What I would love to see

2.8 3.2 2.3 : 8.3

Jesus that would be insane. What a massive increase that would be for Friday and still another 14%

25 minutes ago, Sam said:

Dumbo will easily reach it on its own easily over it but way under even 150. No point in juicing it.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tawasal said:

Your first Sunday drop was 24% so around 28% would be more realistic. I do like that 7,6m to come true, but we will likely get more like 6,5m to 7,2m in the end I believe. It’s still a good number. 

Bwahaha I updated my prediction to 6.9 near the exact middle of your range. 7.2 would be awesome too. Crazy awesome.