kayumanggi

DHD Saturday: 12.3 M 21 JUMP STREET | 8.7 M THE LORAX | 5.6 M JOHN CARTER

Lorax performed below my expectations this weekend. But it will still have a very very impressive total.

Weekday very inflated.. Still a great drop though

Yeah.. The film is great no doubt..But how huge impact will THG have??

A big film always badly affect others, irrespective of demo. So there will be significant effect on 21JS (maybe around 5% steeper drop). Since it will need 3x multiplier to reach 100M, that 5% may prove to be a bit too big.

" Ferrell, who speaks surprisingly good Spanish..."Whomever wrote that has absolutely no clue regarding Spanish linguistics. The trailers for Casa de mi Padre are cringe-inducing, but when I hear Ferrell's massacring of Spanish, I want to throw things at the screen.

the big surprise this weekend was the 21 Jump Street only got a B cinemascore, it deserves a much much higher rating

I was really surprised by that too

" Ferrell, who speaks surprisingly good Spanish..."Whomever wrote that has absolutely no clue regarding Spanish linguistics. The trailers for Casa de mi Padre are cringe-inducing, but when I hear Ferrell's massacring of Spanish, I want to throw things at the screen.

Reminds me of the Spanish who wanted to throw things at the screen playing Alatriste because of Viggo Mortensens bad Spanish. They retaliated by naming him the worst actor of that year. And the movie bombed. So Hollywood should stop stealing roles form locals since they obviously can`t do better. It`s all huge ego trip and nothing more. Edited by fishnets