Moving this from the GC to here:

We’re currently at 40 completed films and need films for these following dates:

January 7th (1)

February 4th (1), 18th (2), 25th (1)

March 11th (1), 25th (1)

April 15th (2), 22nd (1), 29th (1)

May 6th (1), 13th (1), and 27th (1)

June 17th (1), 24th (1)

July 1st (1), 15th (1), 22nd (1), 29th (1)

September 2nd (1)

October 14th (1)

November 4th (1) and 22nd (1) 

December 23rd (2)

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

Hey, everyone.

I probably should explain at least a little bit: things have been very up and down all summer. I thought things were getting better, enough so I could  participate in Y6, but just today I got hit by some pretty bad news (don't want to go into it) and I'm honestly kinda back at the bottom again — and so I have to spend the rest of the fall trying to get back where I was.

I said I wasn't doing reviews mainly because I don't think I'll be able to review everything. I've read a couple of films a while back so if anyone wants my verdict on them (mostly Spark 4 and the Ancient Magus Bride are mainly the ones that are freshest in my memory) feel free to ask... but I probably won't be doing the full Cookie's Corner cycle this year, and so in turn I won't vote for the Oscars.

Given the pace CAYOM usually moves next year is probably going to be a while from now, and I still want at least one of my Y7 projects finished by the time that year starts, so I want to keep working at a slow pace, if nothing else to have something that takes my mind off of feeling distressed all the time. I don't want to push myself though since that caused a lot of problems for me back in Y5, so whatever happens happens. I'm optimistic it'll work out, since the stuff I still want to do for that year mean a lot to me.

I'll still stick around and read people's reviews and sound off on whatever I feel like, but I'm going full observer mode for the rest of the year until further notice. I'm sure CAYOM will be just fine without me.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

How’s writing going for everyone else?

@Reddroast @SLAM! @Alpha

It's been kinda on and off for me. There's periods where I think I've got a great idea and start plowing ahead followed by periods where I go back to the drawing board and start working again. I'm not sure yet but I might need to reach out for feedback on my writing within the next few days.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

It's been kinda on and off for me. There's periods where I think I've got a great idea and start plowing ahead followed by periods where I go back to the drawing board and start working again. I'm not sure yet but I might need to reach out for feedback on my writing within the next few days.

I would *love* to provide feedback for you! Send me what you're working on whenever you'd like, and I'll take a look at it!

Just now, Mr Pastaffelees said:

It's been nearly 3 months since many of you read it, so I'm curious if anyone's opinion on it has shifted.

You probably won't get my Sp4rk review right away since I'm planning on working on my own films up until the last minute and since I'm also planning on re-reading the previous Spark films before I jump into re-reading the 4th one again (I really need a memory jog on certain stuff lol).

1 hour ago, Mr Pastaffelees said:

Tbh @cookie I do want a Sp4rk review but only once Part 2 officially opens. I just want to deal with all of them at once lol.

It's been nearly 3 months since many of you read it, so I'm curious if anyone's opinion on it has shifted.

I'm still thinking of re-reading it to refresh my memory, but it'll be closer to the 23rd.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mr Pastaffelees said:

Tbh @cookie I do want a Sp4rk review but only once Part 2 officially opens. I just want to deal with all of them at once lol.

What if we forgot everything that happened :redcapes:

Spoiler

:Venom:

• Astonished 1

8 hours ago, Mr Pastaffelees said:

What if I wait to do it as my last review of the year?

• Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

With 43 films done, 

We need films for these following dates:
January 7th (1)
February 4th (1), 18th (1), 25th (1)
March 11th (1), 25th (1)
April 15th (1), 22nd (1), 29th (1)
May 6th (1), 13th (1), and 27th (1)
June 17th (1), 24th (1)
July 1st (1), 15th (1), 22nd (1)
September 2nd (1)
October 14th (1)
November 4th (1) and 22nd (1) 
December 23rd (2)

7 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Trying to interpret the meaning of this like:

giphy.gif

Spoiler

I might write a full review tomorrow (3 AM here), but quick version; I think in any other hands it could've easily made me go:

e62.png

But @SLAM! somehow managed to make everything click for me.

• Like 3