Wormow

The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes | November 17, 2023 | Prequel about President Snow | Francis Lawrence to direct | Given a SAG interim agreement

8 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

This could partially be because twitter is just full of you know whats and the entire site is unusable now.

I mean Ahsoka trends every week. The Marvels trended for both trailers, Percy Jackosn trended at 7 yesterday, Aquaman trended for a bit as well (though only at 10 or 11 as it's peak). So it's weird to not see it trending at all (not even down at like 30-50 etc). You can look up twitter US trends here: https://trends24.in/united-states/ (goes back 20 hours)

Edited by Youngstar

5 hours ago, Litio said:

Trailers are looking great, it actually seems worth watching from the trailers. But this movie is precisely the type of movie that would have benefited a lot from having the cast promoting it, specially on social media. It's kinda baffling it wasn't delayed until after the strike.

This young cast, and the cast of the last movies in the series, should be out there creating hype for it on social media and TV! And yet, there's nothing, and so there's no hype, pity.

8 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

This could partially be because twitter is just full of you know whats and the entire site is unusable now.

This is also true, twitter is becoming more and more of a hostile place in general, the change in management is slowly corroding a lot of what it was once upon a time.

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

33 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

This young cast, and the cast of the last movies in the series, should be out there creating hype for it on social media and TV! And yet, there's nothing, and so there's no hype, pity.

Cast can't promote this due to strikes which sucks, but the release date is still great. With Dune pushed to 2024, it will just be THG and Marvels for all of Nov. I sense a big dud coming with Wish.

6 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Cast can't promote this due to strikes which sucks, but the release date is still great. With Dune pushed to 2024, it will just be THG and Marvels for all of Nov. I sense a big dud coming with Wish.

The strikes will (hopefully) likely be over by the time this releases, so they'll probably be able to do some promo

2 hours ago, Eric Poirot said:

Baffling that this hasn't seemed to be trending at ALL on Twitter. That is unheard of for a big franchise movie, especially one that should be YA-driven like this. Lionsgate is cursed outside of John Wick at this point.

Do the youth even use Twitter anymore? I only see boomers and older millennials on there now. How’s the movie trending on tiktok? Instagram?

I still see people in their early 20s, and rarely, in their teens.

Tbh the demographic probably does skew more toward millenials who read it in school, though it had a small resurgence when people pretended to care about social justice in 2020 for a month.

Baffling that this hasn't seemed to be trending at ALL on Twitter. That is unheard of for a big franchise movie, especially one that should be YA-driven like this. Lionsgate is cursed outside of John Wick at this point.

Box Office Pro once had a really cool tool that showed the buzz of films on social media, such as mentions on Twitter and likes on Facebook. Fantastic Beasts (2016), another spin-off from a big YA franchise, always had pretty weak numbers on social media (especially on twitter) and still did well at the box office. I'm not saying that THG5 will do the same as FB, but I don't think the numbers on twitter proof anything.

The YA genre died on the big screen like a decade ago.

1 hour ago, eddyxx said:

Do the youth even use Twitter anymore? I only see boomers and older millennials on there now. How’s the movie trending on tiktok? Instagram?

This is true, the youth in general really doesn't care about twitter, a fact further amplified by the change in management. Tik Tok trends is where it is at.

Although the Hunger Games was a millennial franchise to begin with, so it really ought to be doing better on Twitter.

I still think they should cast someone with appeal 

Rachel is the type of actor nobody cares about enough to watch something, and despite doesn’t having fans she does have a lot of haters 

It’s a bad combination, i think the movie would be in a better position with some other young actress with better crossover appeal like JLaw back in the day when everyone was loving her.

I read the book, I will watch the movie but I can tell this is going to be a bomb because the dystopia genre has died and it wore out it's welcome in the 2010's when Hunger Games ran supreme.

I don't think this is going to do well box office wise but I do think it will be received well by everyone that watches it, regardless of how big or small that audience is.

The trailer though good lord so many spoilers for non book readers. Like if you care to dissect the trailer, there's like barely any mysteries in it.

Rachel is the type of actor nobody cares about enough to watch something, and despite doesn’t having fans she does have a lot of haters 

The dislikes from the trailer on Youtube are clearly from the anti Zegler she has created with the comments she's made.

Edited by Cappoedameron

3 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

Twitter has almost 400 million monthly users lol. There's no denying that social media is the kingmaker at the box office, after the success of Barbenheimer, Minions 2, and the floppage of movies that left no social media imprint.

Musk is, in my opinion, worsening the site with his baffling decisions but the addicts are too deep into their addiction for it to really matter. Twitter will not die anytime soon.

8 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

It’s a bad combination, i think the movie would be in a better position with some other young actress with better crossover appeal like JLaw back in the day when everyone was loving her.

The timing of these things is always interesting. She was probably cast when people thought West Side Story would be a hit and around the same time she landed Snow White. Rewind two years and she had the momentum of a bright up and comer. Now the jury is definitely out and a lot depends on how this and Snow White hit with neither feeling like sure things at the moment. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I think it’s too late to recast the part.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

I see people are still denying the importance of social media metrics on box office performance. It isn't 2005 anymore, social media is the new kingmaker. Studios spend many millions of dollars trying to build buzz on social media for a reason.

I mean if Musk starts forcing people to pay to use Twitter, it WILL die and there's no doubt about that.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

I mean if Musk starts forcing people to pay to use Twitter, it WILL die and there's no doubt about that.

He's not going to do that. The source of that article was tenuous at best. There were also articles on how he was going to remove the block feature, which didn't happen lol.

• Like 1