Wormow

The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes | November 17, 2023 | Prequel about President Snow | Francis Lawrence to direct | Given a SAG interim agreement

1 hour ago, ChipDerby said:

It's only been 4 years since GOT ended. And he's barely even been in anything since then. Have you watched his 5 non-animated movies since then?

Telling that you specified non-animated, given that they're all terrible. He literally got straight up replaced for Destiny.

Edited by SpiderByte

2 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

It's sad all the Nov and Dec movies are going to be crippled by none of the actors being able to do promotion for their films.

I think many people don't know this movie is even coming out.

That's less on strike and more on the studio kinda dropping the promotion. Trailer was great and created some buzz but they didn't keep the momentum and that Panem video is crap like a parody of Joss Whedon's "Vote" video. 

I found this “oh the actors can’t promote it so people won’t know about the movies” when most movies release in foreign countries without any member of cast or crew coming here to promote them kinda funny 

Yeah there’s online presence, but that’s not much different than a studio posting a trailer. 

The whole situation is awful because some movies do need the most promo it can get, but for blockbusters? Nah, just do a good work in marketing and people will know about the movie even without actors doing promo.

10 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

She's been in 2 movies.

And now with these upcoming 2 it's 4 and all of them have or will bomb.

The whole situation is awful because some movies do need the most promo it can get, but for blockbusters? 

calling this film a blockbuster is a hell of a stretch I'm sorry.

Edited by Cappoedameron

11 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Maybe check every other actors first 4 movies EVER and compare

39 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Well it’s part of a franchise that did nearly 3B with 4 movies only 

It’s supposed to be a blockbuster, i’m 100% sure the only reason they’re making it is because they think is a blockbuster 

If it doesn’t perform like one is just another huge disappointment this year, not because it’s not one 

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Ok, let’s be real here. She’s a 22 year old who had a starring role in one film and a supporting role in a franchise that hasn’t been able to cross 400M in years. She’s not box office poison or a giant star, and I doubt she has the family connections or clout to be super picky about her roles.

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

I found this “oh the actors can’t promote it so people won’t know about the movies” when most movies release in foreign countries without any member of cast or crew coming here to promote them kinda funny 

Yeah there’s online presence, but that’s not much different than a studio posting a trailer. 

The whole situation is awful because some movies do need the most promo it can get, but for blockbusters? Nah, just do a good work in marketing and people will know about the movie even without actors doing promo.

Good marketing can help of course, but having the cast probably gives them more flexibility in terms of how they actually market the movie. Having the actors go viral after playing with puppies on Buzzfeed or something sounds incredibly silly, but it does boost awareness for certain people. Not to mention more traditional methods like interviews and commercials with different products.

• Like 2

I don;t get this over the wall hatred that Rachel Zegler inspires in some people.

I probably won't see this movie because I never cared that much for the franchise, and the Trailers don't look that good, but I  think Zegler is as good a choice for the lead as they could have made.

• Like 1