Wormow

The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes | November 17, 2023 | Prequel about President Snow | Francis Lawrence to direct | Given a SAG interim agreement

1 minute ago, Bob Train said:

If the movie flops Zegler would be on a 4 movie-long flop streak. I hope it doesn't tank her career like what happened to Taylor Kitsch after Battleship and John Carter.

Taylor had already had a pretty bleh career prior to those films. And those films were ripped by critics.

Zegler has been in... 2 films. One was a critical hit but weirdly never caught on with audiences. The other was caught up in the death of the DCEU. 

Her career will be fine even if both this and Snow White flop. As she's shown to have been the brightest spots of the films she's been in so far.

• Like 3

On 9/5/2023 at 7:06 PM, dudalb said:

Artistically, yes, but it paid off at the box office.

I disagree actually. I think a well marketed singular finale with better reception than either part could have hit the 1-1.1b range WW. Now that’s like 300-400m less than the two parts combined did, but think of all the money saved making and marketing one film vs two. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

I disagree actually. I think a well marketed singular finale with better reception than either part could have hit the 1-1.1b range WW. Now that’s like 300-400m less than the two parts combined did, but think of all the money saved making and marketing one film vs two. 

Without the games in Mockingjay, I feel like it would’ve been difficult to match the highs of Catching Fire.

Are they planning on charging full price for tickets?

I enjoy seeing movies on the big screen, but only in a rare few will I be willing to pay full admission price these days ($14.50 now, more for 3D or VIP).

I like when they have the Flashback Film Festival each year where there is a decent selection of movies over 1 week and admission was just $6 the last time I went. I saw Pulp Fiction, Jaws, Battle Royal, Lord of the Rings, Close Encounters of the Third Kind and Gremlins I believe.

I'd see THG for a discount, but not full price, although I did pay full price when the showed Avatar before Avatar 2 released.

9 minutes ago, Incarnadine said:

Are they planning on charging full price for tickets?

I enjoy seeing movies on the big screen, but only in a rare few will I be willing to pay full admission price these days ($14.50 now, more for 3D or VIP).

I like when they have the Flashback Film Festival each year where there is a decent selection of movies over 1 week and admission was just $6 the last time I went. I saw Pulp Fiction, Jaws, Battle Royal, Lord of the Rings, Close Encounters of the Third Kind and Gremlins I believe.

I'd see THG for a discount, but not full price, although I did pay full price when the showed Avatar before Avatar 2 released.

It’s a Fathom Event, so it actually costs a bit more than a regular ticket.