Impact

Crowd Reports Thread

Went to see Prometheus yesterday, but apparently shortly after buying my tickets and then coming back to the movie, a fire had started in some part of the theater and they had to evacuate the whole theater. So I didn't get to see it yet, unfortunately.

Saw Prometheus in Real IMAX.1PM--Half fullTrailers-TDKR-Awesome to see it in IMAXThe Hobbit--The trailer was in 3D. The 3D was a bit jarring, but that might be me not being used to 48 fps. Otherwise, I'm glad that I saw this trailer in IMAX.Overall, the audience seemed to like the movie. Most of the people stayed about halfway through the credits. Some people were saying they thought the movie was awesome. I think GA will like this film, but people expecting this film to be something extraordinary will be disappointed.

Edited by CloneWars
  • Like 1

Went to see Prometheus yesterday, but apparently shortly after buying my tickets and then coming back to the movie, a fire had started in some part of the theater and they had to evacuate the whole theater. So I didn't get to see it yet, unfortunately.

Wow what bad luck

Prometheus 2D9:45 pm showing90% fullTrailers:Savages - silence (looks generic)Abraham Lincoln - some chatter (much better trailer, still unsure though)Django Unchained - whispers after Tarantino's nameThe Watch - some laughsMovie: A-I feel like I saw a different movie than some of the critics. Maybe it was because my expectations were lowered after reading some of the lukewarm reviews, but this was a great movie. People keep citing "the script" as a negative, but after seeing it they'll have to be more specific. If they mean the dialogue, then again...I feel like I saw a different movie. Sure, it's no Tarantino or Sorkin, but the dialogue is fine. If they mean the plot, the plot is fine. Yes, there is one unanswered question which Lindelof arrogantly left for the sequel, but everything else was clear as day for me. I understood what the "engineers" were, I understood why they

created human beings

, I understood David's motivations. The only confusion came with the

black ooze and why it caused something completely different for each character. For Charlie and the mohawked geologist, it was a virus. For Shaw, it turned her baby into a squid. Then when said squid impregnates the space jockey, that somehow produces a xenomorph?

So all of that might have been contrived.However, the film is a technical marvel. From the effects to the art direction to the costumes to the cinematography, it was all perfect. Even Guy Pearce's makeup wasn't all that bad (I just assumed that in the future a man like him is able to live far beyond a normal lifespan, thus explaining why he appears older than 100yrs). The performances from Theron, Elba, Rapace, and of course Fassbender were all top notch. Whether you thought the script sucked or not, Ridley Scott's direction here is aces. The intensity, the beauty, the gross-out factor. It's all here.

Prometheus IMAX 3D

6/8/12 9:40 PM

375 seats 98% full

Trailers:

The Dark Knight Rises--silence

Frankenwennie--the 3D trailer looked visually nice even though im not interested in the film

The Amazing Spiderman--this 3D trailer looked badass, may change my mind about seeing it in a theater

Movie:

Prometheus reminds me a lot of a similar R rated film that came out a few years ago. Watchmen. It was one of my favorite films of 09' but it took me several viewings to understand it all and enjoy its presence. I liked Prometheus but was disappointed in all the questions it presented without the answers. I am though looking forward to seeing it again, preferably on blu ray in the director's cut. I wasn't expecting Alien but I was expecting a thrilling, scary film. It was thrilling at times but at no point was I scared or honestly really cared for the characters. Fassbender's performance though was money and should merit a best supporting actor nom. He was that good.

Though the IMAX 3D experience alone was worth the price of admission. Only way to see this film theatrically, imo.

B- Edited by Dav

Trailers I've seen for upcoming films:The Amazing Spider-ManBraveTDKRGI Joe 2ArgoFrankenweenieParanormanJack the Giant KillerDespicable Me 2Ice Age 4LawlessGreat GasbyLife of PiDjangoAbe Lincoln: Vampire HunterThe WatchBourne LegacyTotal RecallSkyfallBD2SavagesRock of Ages

Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted 3D380 seats, 5% full1:00pmCinemais, Cuiaba - BrazilTrailer:Despicable Me 2: laughter on the part of the punchThe Amazing Spider-Man: some wow from the kidsMovieMemorable characters + Excellent 3D + wonderful Soundtrack + good visuals = great funof course the movie has its (tiny) flaws; like the physics only works when it's convenient, the caracthers changing their minds very easily and cliche "twist" at the end

when they discover the real origin of Alex, Melman, Gloria and Marty

The first half is perfect; frenetic and very funny while the second half is more slower and more emotional.B+/A-8.5

Edited by Goffe Rises

Rock of Ages

Glorietta, Makati City, Philippines

8 pm (Press screening)

100% full (500 seater)

Trailers

The Hobbit - some chatter

Ice Age 4 - laughs

Neighborhood Watch - some laughs

Gangster Squad - some chatter

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Killer - silence

Argo - silence

The Campaign - The crowd ate this up especially because of the Filipino reference at the start

The Great Gatsby - some chatter

Dark Knight Rises - some chatter

The movie

A crowd pleaser, lots of laughs, the crowd loved "I Want to Know What Love Is" and "Can't Fight This Feeling:. I'm not familiar with the source material but I find the movie over the top although it is very entertaining. Hough and Boneta are both charming on screen but Hough's voice in some of the songs didn't work for me. Catherine Zeta Jones started awkward with the over acting but she got better towards the end. Cruise fits the role I must say, crowd definitely loved him. Claps when the movie ended.

B

Trailers I've seen for upcoming films:The Amazing Spider-ManBraveTDKRGI Joe 2ArgoFrankenweenieParanormanJack the Giant KillerDespicable Me 2Ice Age 4LawlessGreat GasbyLife of PiDjangoAbe Lincoln: Vampire HunterThe WatchBourne LegacyTotal RecallSkyfallBD2SavagesRock of Ages

Out of those, I've seen TASM the most. It has been at so many films...I think I've only seen John Carter at more films for a 2012 film.

Prometheus 3D in México :Paround 20 people but that the usual on the state i live inTrailer TDKR: finally saw it on a theater, first a lot of talk but then amazing silent of people paying full atentionSpidey: TalksThe movie I like it not completely but overall really good time, my girlfriend didn't like it thought8.5/10

That's My BoyIthaca Regal 14$10.5033 peopleTrailers:People Like Us - no reactionThe Campaign - looks funny, got laughsTed - got tons of laughsResident Evil 5 or whatever - no reactionMovie Review:This movie made me laugh so hard, its Sandler's funniest movie in years. The 80's references really work here and the little jokes eariler in the movie really pay off in the end. The entire theater was laughing their ass off. This movie gave me a headche from laughing so much. If you are the guy who enjoys Sandler movies like I do, then you will love the hell out of this movie. They really use the R rating to their advantage. For Sandler Fans: A-Critic wise: B

Seeing TONS of status messages about Rock of Ages. Granted from girls in there early 30s ;)BTW-Paramount needs to update there ads. Some lady put as a status her sons saw the trailer for GI Joe 2 today and how they are so excited to see it, yes the trailer saying this Summer. I feel bad for those kids.

Snow White and the Huntsman

Friday 22:15 show on June 15, 2012

80% in a 154 seater

Trailers:

Rise of the Guardians

Madagascar 3 (It is playing the same theater :lol: )

Movie:

Much better than I thought. It offers decent entertainment.

B+