Red 2

RIPD

The Wolverine

IRON MAN lll

SM North Edsa, Quezon City, The Philippines

04.24.2013 | 5:35 PM | 45% Full

Posted Image

The film has some great performances and (over) succeeds in comedy but somewhat

fails to deliver an entertaining story and awesome villains.

Edited by kayumanggi

Film: Evil Dead

Time: 20:15

Cinema: Norwich Odeon

Crowd - 60%

Day: Wednesday 24th

Trailers:

Byzantium - Nothing

Hangover 3 - A few laughs

The Conjuring - A few jumps/chatter

The Film:

A decent horror flick. It delivered on the gore aspect but there was nothing scary about it. The audience was mainly made up of university aged people so there were a few "ewww's" and quite a few times there was laughter at the excess gore and the way the characters dealt with certain situations. I'd recommend it to horror fans but no one else.

6/10

Oblivion

April 26, 3:45 PM, 1% full (It was literally just me, my mother, and my brother)

Portage 16 IMAX, Portage, IN

Trailers (No reactions)

Now You See Me

Fast and Furious 6

Elysium

Man of Steel - This trailer is fantastic on the big screen, I had a huge smile on my face.

So... there was no crowd, and thus not much to report on. I liked it, my mom and brother hated it. So... yeah. :P

OblivionApril 26, 3:45 PM, 1% full (It was literally just me, my mother, and my brother)Portage 16 IMAX, Portage, INTrailers (No reactions)Now You See MeFast and Furious 6ElysiumMan of Steel - This trailer is fantastic on the big screen, I had a huge smile on my face.So... there was no crowd, and thus not much to report on. I liked it, my mom and brother hated it. So... yeah. :P

Reminds me of when I saw Wall E with my family. I was like that was awesome there like your never picking the movie again.
  • Like 2

Iron Man 3

AMC Forum 30

Thursday, May 2nd, 10:15PM

250 Seats - SOLD OUT

$12.50

Trailers:

[*]The Hangover Part III - Lots of laughs, good reaction [*]Man of Steel - Very silent during this trailer, but lots of talk afterwards [*]Fast and Furious 6 - Lots of talk during this trailer, everyone seemed pretty excited for this [*]Star Trek Into Darkness - Some talk, but mostly pretty quiet [*]Thor: The Dark World - Silence until people saw Thor. They became very chatty... Good reaction

Film:

Iron Man 3 is a very good action movie. It is a very funny comedy. It is not a very good superhero movie. With that said, I did enjoy watching this, but that is hardly surprising since I am a fan of the series. I think the director tried too hard to be funny and forgot that this was a superhero movie. I think some parts could have done without the jokes and one liners since this was supposed to go in a darker direction.

There were some very good stand out moments during the film. All of the TN scenes were amazing. Pepper scenes were great. Happy scenes were awesome. I enjoyed RDJ's performance, but amazingly, I think another actor stole the show: Ty Simpkins who played the character of Harley. All his scenes were awesome and I think he did a fantastic job.

The one major thing I did not like was the "twist". I don't want to put any spoilers in this review, but if you have seen the movie, you will know what I am talking about.

I give Iron Man 3 a solid B+ and I rank it third out of four movies that star Iron Man behind only IM2.

• Like 1

Iron Man Marathon ( IM 1-3 and the avengers ) - Last 2 were in 3D.

AMC 24 Highlands Ranch, CO

They sold 170 out of the 300

Trailers ( there were only trailers in front of IM3)

Thor

Wolverine 

Cheering and clapping at the beginning and end of both trailers as would be expected for Marvel trailers at a Marvel Marathon

A long 12 hours at the theater but it was easier to do then I thought it would be.

Crowd seemed to love IM3.  So did I but I'm not sure how much.  Something seemed missing... or off.  Maybe it just wasn't what I was expected.  We'll likely see it again in a week.

A

Iron Man Marathon ( IM 1-3 and the avengers ) - Last 2 were in 3D.AMC 24 Highlands Ranch, COThey sold 170 out of the 300Trailers ( there were only trailers in front of IM3)ThorWolverine Cheering and clapping at the beginning and end of both trailers as would be expected for Marvel trailers at a Marvel MarathonA long 12 hours at the theater but it was easier to do then I thought it would be.Crowd seemed to love IM3. So did I but I'm not sure how much. Something seemed missing... or off. Maybe it just wasn't what I was expected. We'll likely see it again in a week.A

If something seemed missing why did it garner an A rating from you?

If something seemed missing why did it garner an A rating from you?

Missing doesn't always mean bad.... just not what I was expecting. ( I felt the same way about Skyfall)

I'm going to go see it again which means it was an A.

My wife liked it better then the Avengers which we saw 4 times ( including tonight ) in the theaters.

Iron Man Three

AMC Owings Mills 17

Owings Mills, MD

Theater approximately 2/3 full for a 1:30 2D show

Trailers:

Catching Fire: No reaction

White House Down: The crowd was very excited, lots of laughter at appropriate moments and a few saying audibly that they want to see it

Fast & Furious 6: The audience laughed, but I got the sense that they were laughing at and not with the film

Thor: TDW: No reaction at all, except for a few wondering what it was at first

Wolverine: Small amount of chatter, seemed mildly positive

The theater was nicely filled for an early afternoon show. A few families showed up with very young kids in tow, but most were adults. Everyone was very much into the film. There was a lot of laughter during the funnier moments and some surprised reactions during action scenes. The twist was a real crowd-pleaser and Sir Ben's every moment was pure gold. During the climactic battle there were gasps and cheers. Most people stayed for the end credit scene, too. 

I give it 9/10. I can't speak for the others there, of course, but people who were leaving the previous show as I waited to get in raved about the film when I asked how they liked it and those in my showing seemed happy as well. When "Tony Stark Will Return" appeared on the screen, there were some shouts of, "Yes!" and one girl said, "He better!"  :lol:

• Like 2

Iron Man 3

4:15 PM

About 95% full (The most crowded I've seen in well, a year)

Trailers:Fast 6: Pretty good reaction-about the 500th time I've seen this trailer.

Man of Steel: Good reaciton.

White House Down: Decent reaction-laughs at the end.

Lone Ranger: Had the best reaction of the bunch. Looks really good.Wolverine 2: The most silent reaction fo the films, some talking though.

Thor 2: Tons of "Yes! I want that!" Looks good.

Movie: Not as good as Avengers but still pretty good. This is by far the most dark and most violent of the Avenger films, some parts I would not recomend for young kids (Some kids did freak out during some scenes). I loved Kingsley, the audience did also. RDJ did a good job as usual and Cheedle whose role was expanded did a good job. The Tennessee scenes were great. The visual effects were awesome also. The audience really enjoyed the film.

A (The best film of the year so far ;))

IRON MAN 3 friday may 3rd

CARIBBEAN CINEMAS MEGAPLEX 7 

8PM 2D showing 80% full

got in early , about 20 people already sitting as we waited for trailers to start and 2 kids running up and down the steps , for a sec there i feared the worst but their father calmed them down and did hear them after that , everyone coming in with popcorn and drinks, i only had a drink coz i had dinner at BK (stuffed)! 

lots of couples (date movie?) and groups, crowd skewing older 30+ , i think this might be because kids went to see the 3D at 6.30pm

trailers:

*star trek into  darkness :wub: i had only seen this trailer once ,and ever since i'm staying away from spoilers and more trailers , i went all AWWW as it was my first time seeing it on the big screen 

*man of steel (wasnt all that , i finally watched the trailer for this on youtube just a few days ago and its much better/longer than what was shown in the cinema , you get costner voice over followed by superman flying upward into the sky and that's it )

*FF6 (preposterous but if you're a fan it has it all badass cars,crazy stunts, skimpy-clad girls and the music that goes with that)

the movie: (note i wrote while credits ran waiting for end scene)

i'm actually all choked up, you know when you feel like you wanna cry but you don't ,

because of the way the credits played with scenes going from iron man 1 to 3 like if its the end , i'm kinda sad he took the arc reactor out with the surgery , it saved his life , i'm glad he's moving on but at same time this was an iconic object associated with him, i got teary eyed when i thought pepper had died

i need to watch this again asap so much going on a personal level with tony stark , his relationship with pepper, with happy , with jarvis  for a sec there i thought

jarvis was a goner too

(jarvis has some deadpan hilarious lines)

i'm so wrapped up in my feelings about what happened during the film , need to see this again to settle down , soak it in , and focus more on this or that , think things over

all in all a resounding A+  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

ps: is that house in malibu real?, i've been wondering about that since IM1 because its the most beautiful house ever,

a shame they blew it to bits

• Like 2

IRON MAN 3

8:00 Regal N Charleston 80% full

Wolverine - some chatter

Star Trek - some talk before, none afer

Fast and Furious - people knew what this was when it came on and chatter at the end

Thor 2 - no reaction (yeah, I was surprised)

Hangover 3 - some laughs, but loud groans and ohhss at the giraffe

After Earth - no reaction

I found nothing wrong, but I wasn't "blown away". I still loved it, the action was crisp and clear, which I LOVE. I hate shaky, clunky, and incoherent action scenes. RDJ still the show (duh) and Kingsley wasn't far behind. I'm not a comic book junkie, but I can see why fans are mad.

They completely neutered "Mandarin", but the GA saw it hilarious and WE laughed at everything he said or did.

It was more violent and edgier than I expected. Honestly, I think TA was too "fluffy" and so I think IM3's violence will catch some parents by surprise,

also the threesome scene

, which seemed to catch my mom by surprise haha, but parents can only blame themselves if they don't check parental reviews. You cant say, "ah, I can't believe Disney. This was too graphic for my kids, I'm going to complain to everyone at my sons soccer game". If you don't check reviews before you go, its your fault, but I don't think kids will have a problem, it was no where on TDK's level. I give a solid 4/5. Full spoiler free review on my blog tomorrow.

Edited by jandrew
  • Like 1

@jandrews

LOLLLL at your 2nd spoiler, maybe because its late but i racked my brains for a full minute there wondering wth is he talking about ...then AAAHHH 

Sorry, I should have said "implied" haha.