TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

Further expanding on @Thanos Legion, I wonder if the MCU can achieve 4 consecutive films bagging the monthly OW record. NWH already claimed December, and MOM looks to be right on the cusp of May. L&T has a good shot at July and if Wakanda Forever is released as scheduled it will beat the November record by 50%.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MultiverseXXR said:

Further expanding on @Thanos Legion, I wonder if the MCU can achieve 4 consecutive films bagging the monthly OW record. NWH already claimed December, and MOM looks to be right on the cusp of May. L&T has a good shot at July and if Wakanda Forever is released as scheduled it will beat the November record by 50%.

Gotta push Marvels to March and go full beast mode chasing 6 in a row 😤

6 minutes ago, MultiverseXXR said:

They will never get June.

1 minute ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

They will never get June.

Only because they’ll never put a film out in June. That’s a month for the weaker films of summer…..

5 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Gotta push Marvels to March and go full beast mode chasing 6 in a row 😤

Make it so! That’ll give the MCU - February, March, April, May, July, November and December. Shang Chi 2 should stay on Labor Day and grab the September record. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1
  • Disbelief 1

17 minutes ago, MultiverseXXR said:

Only because they’ll never put a film out in June. That’s a month for the weaker films of summer…..

Make it so! That’ll give the MCU - February, March, April, May, July, November and December. Shang Chi 2 should stay on Labor Day and grab the September record. 

Avengers 5 in June, and August and Jan very doable to get the full set if the right films release then.

5 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Taika is insufferable now and they have a new co-writer on this who isn't great. Given his knack for improv and recent reshoots, is it really surprising the movie could be a mess?

I’m not worried about the movie being good cause I’m sure Feige won’t let that happen but I completely agree with the bolded part. I can’t stand him and his humour, I didn’t like Ragnarok that much, I liked the other Thor movies a lot more. I know I’m in the minority so I’m sure everyone will love this but I’m most looking forward to Jane and the guardians in this, not too excited to see Thor again. 

• Haha 1

On 2/14/2022 at 6:04 PM, MultiverseXXR said:

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness Official Trailer - 24HR Numbers - Main Channels

Youtube

26.2M Views, 1.42M Likes 

Instagram (Marvel Studios and Marvel)

14.8M Views, 2.68M Likes

Twitter 

15.5M Views, 340K Likes

Facebook

9.6M Views, 363K Likes 

10 hours (now that the huge start from pent-up demand has normalized a bit)

Youtube:

13.6M views, 1.08M likes 

Instagram (Marvel Studios and Marvel) 

16.4M Views,  4.05M likes

Twitter

19.3M Views, 591K Likes

Facebook:

12M Views, 517K likes

24 hrs probably slightly behind DS2 on YT and way ahead on other platforms. 

Btw @Thanos Legion flop is in sight, probably not hitting 2M likes. 

Spoiler

Though I'm guessing that's because traffic was spread to other platforms a lot more for whatever reason

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I mean, Ant-Man didn’t exactly have a massive increase from the first film to the second, so I don’t see why Shang-Chi would. 

AM2 opening weekend increase from AM1 will be over 100 million for SC2. 

Edited by Menor Reborn

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

It would have to specifically pass $123.4 million to claim the record. 

Shit lol, I remembered IT2 but forgot about the first one!

If so then nontrivial for SC2 but inflation could make it a lot easier. 

Edited by Menor Reborn