Eric Duncan

Stillwater l July 30, 2021 | Participant Media l Matt Damon stars l Tom McCarthy directs

https://deadline.com/2019/07/matt-damon-tom-mccarthy-stillwater-participant-media-1202648933/

Oscar winners Matt Damon and Tom McCarthy are joining forces for Stillwater, a feature which Damon will star in and McCarthy will direct. Participant Media is on board to finance and produce the pic which is planned for release through Participant’s output arrangements via Amblin Partners.

Co-written by McCarthy, Thomas Bidegain, and Noé Debré, the plot centers on Oklahoma native Bill Baker (Damon), oil-rig roughneck who travels to Marseille where his estranged daughter is imprisoned for a murder she claims she did not commit. He makes it his personal mission to exonerate his daughter and along the way develops a friendship with a local woman and her young daughter and embarks on a personal journey of discovery and a larger sense of belonging in the world.

Edited by Eric!
  • Like 1

https://deadline.com/2021/03/stillwater-release-date-matt-damon-tom-mccarthy-movie-1234722940/

Focus Features said Friday that it will release its thriller Stillwater, directed by Spotlight Oscar winner Tom McCarthy and starring Matt Damon, in domestic theaters on July 30, 2021.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DAJK said:

This did pretty well at my theater this weekend, and seems to be having pretty solid WOM.

huh

I would be surprised if this movie had good WOM considering it's like super weird and not at all what it's marketed as (tbc i think it's very good but doesn't seem accessible especially to the crowd it was marketed to )

9 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

huh

I would be surprised if this movie had good WOM considering it's like super weird and not at all what it's marketed as (tbc i think it's very good but doesn't seem accessible especially to the crowd it was marketed to )

Stillwater you mean? Or are you thinking Green Knight?

On 7/29/2021 at 5:21 PM, grim22 said:

Amanda Knox has had enough

But there is not much she can do about it.

Films "inspired" by real events and real people have been with us for a long time, and as long as you change the names and make a few changes the real people are pretty much helpless legally. And they can't use muscle to try to supress the film the way that William Randolph Hearst did with "Citizen Kane".