SLAM!

Don't Let Go | BH Tilt | August 30th, 2019 | starring David Oyelowo and Storm Reid | MURDER PREVENTION THRILLER

From director Jacob Aaron Estes (Mean CreekThe Details) comes a thriller about an uncle coping with the murder of his brother's family when, all of a sudden, he gets a phone call from his niece and discovers that she's calling from two weeks in the past when the murder hasn't happened yet.

Don't Let Go had previously debuted at the Sundance Film Festival to mixed reviews.

The film releases on August 30th, 2019, directly competing against PLAYMOBIL: The Movie.

Edited by Slambros
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Morieris said:

This has to be the closest release of a trailer to a movie's release date I've ever seen.

We actually got that trailer a few days ago in front of a midweek showing of Annabelle Comes Home. No clue how long it's been playing in theaters, but it has been there.

Turned to me friend afterwards and we agreed that we might watch that one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RealLyre said:

is this a wide release?

According to BOM, yes, but that can always change. For instance, Brian Banks went from being a wide release, to a limited release, and is now a wide release again, per BOM. 

• Like 1

On 7/19/2019 at 7:33 PM, SLAM! said:

From director Jacob Aaron Estes (Mean CreekThe Details) comes a thriller about an uncle coping with the murder of his brother's family when, all of a sudden, he gets a phone call from his niece and discovers that she's calling from two weeks in the past when the murder hasn't happened yet.

Don't Let Go had previously debuted at the Sundance Film Festival to mixed reviews.

The film releases on August 30th, 2019, directly competing against PLAYMOBIL: The Movie.

So it's Frequency just with the phone instead of a HAM radio

• Like 1

I agree that the trailer looks good. I expected it to be way worse after the mixed reviews. 
The plot is not new but interesting and the actors are convincing me. 
Maybe the very low predictions  - I saw one prediction which was 4.5M over 4 days and boxofficepro doesn't see it entering the top 10 this weekend - are too low?

So many quite good or even very good looking horror films released in so few weeks...

Edit: I see now why the predictions are so low, it only gets 900 theaters (so far) according to BOM :(

Edited by el sid
  • Like 1

Just now, el sid said:

Maybe the very low predictions  - I saw one prediction which was 4.5M over 4 days and boxofficepro doesn't see it entering the top 10 this weekend - are too low?

Not really. There's been zero promo for this. It's gonna play to mostly empty auditoriums.