eddyxx

The Fantastic Four - First Steps | Marvel Studios | July 25, 2025 | Matt Shakman directs

8 hours ago, Willowra said:

I think John Krasinski will be the MCU Reed Richards, not because of a recent rumour but because of another rumour that he will be a father in F4.

If true, that puts Mrs. Krasinski back into play as Sue Storm.

11 hours ago, Willowra said:

I think John Krasinski will be the MCU Reed Richards, not because of a recent rumour but because of another rumour that he will be a father in F4.

I..don't see how these two things are related. He can be a father and still be played by a different actor. Plus, if they were keeping Krasinski, all these reports of them wanting to cast Sue first make no sense

25 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Considering the current MCU slump, the odds of this movie being good are not high. We'll never have a great F4 film. Sucks because they could have been at the forefront of the MCU post Endgame and there's so many creative casting choices to be made

Geez, you guys on here act like Quantumania killed your family or something, Christ. I don't really think Quantumanias reception will have anything to do with this completely unrelated movie from a different writer, director, and cast

14 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Geez, you guys on here act like Quantumania killed your family or something, Christ. I don't really think Quantumanias reception will have anything to do with this completely unrelated movie from a different writer, director, and cast

I literally said Quantumania was fine

Geez, you act like negative reviews killed your family or something, Christ

3 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

It's not so much about the reception to Quantumania or any other past MCU film. It's about the quality of those projects (which obviously correlates to the reception) and the lack of faith in the creatives behind those projects going forward.

Now I realize none of Waldron, Loveness or Waititi are involved with F4 but the stink comes from Marvel Studios in general. I enjoyed Wandavision but I know I'm not putting a lot of faith in Matt Shakman to deliver here. As for the writers, I don't know anything about Jeff Kaplan and Ian Springer but again I'm not exactly inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt at this point. We can only hope they become another Markus and McFeely.

Edited by Verrows
  • Astonished 1

Looks like that Marvel are listening to the criticism about the shit writing. The original F4 writers was not a hiring anyone seemed happy with so I´m quite happy for this one. Hopefully this is apart of the focus on quality over quantity PR they have been leaking lately. This is a huge movie. At least this writer have written a big budget movie that has been received well.

Edited by thajdikt