Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Finally, it seems we'll be getting some hot weather next week in time for the Olympics.I hope this doesn't effect the BO, but I think it's rather inevitable. We haven't had any good weather thus far this summer...

Avengers £15.8m was for four days so it will be still impressive for The Dark Knight Rises to do £15-16m especially as it's only has IMAX rather than 3D. It'll be the highest grossing three day opener of 2012 at least until Skyfall.

Skyfall will do very similar number to TDKR I think. Probably within £1m of each other.Not sure how the Hobbit will do. But I imagine it'll also have a huge opening. Nearer Christmas though, BO is more spread out through the holidays.

Not sure how the Hobbit will do. But I imagine it'll also have a huge opening. Nearer Christmas though, BO is more spread out through the holidays.

I'm sure The Hobbit will be big, there hasn't really a big December film since Avatar although Sherlock Holmes and Mission Impossible were successful. Return of the King had a £15m five day opener back in 2003 so if the Hobbit can come close to that, it'll definetly have legs should the WOM and reviews be good.

yeah Saturday is up at my cinema. Over the two days it's about 25% more than we did on Avengers but that did have the Thursday preview as well to soften the weekend a little bit. Avengers did have a very strong Sunday hold here though so we'll see how TDKR does tomorrow.

this is excellent. Also, the fact this is happening in the UK, a developed market should really shut up those morons on the main board saying that "TDKR had way less interest than TDK that is why it is underperforming and not because of the shooting" as a reason for it flailing domestically

• Like 2