Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

If it is indeed around £2m, that would be the biggest shock of the year.The Avengers made £2.5m, which means Ted would have matched or possibly even beaten it in admissions. And it had considerably less showtimes. Bloody hell.Possible £8m+ opener on our hands...

Avengers opened on a Thursday which which is usually a slow day for cinema whereas Wednesdays tend to be the busiest outside of the weekend. Ted's success isn't really surprising considering how well it did in America and Australia.

A £2m opening day is shocking. It has no built in audience at all, it's not a blockbuster film and it's rated 15. Sure, I expected it to do very well, but not this well.

That's not strictly true as it's been advertised as Seth Macfarlane, the creator of Family Guy first motion picture so there is sort of a built in audience when you consider how popular Family Guy is.

That's not strictly true as it's been advertised as Seth Macfarlane, the creator of Family Guy first motion picture so there is sort of a built in audience when you consider how popular Family Guy is.

Ah, but still. £2m is extremely impressive. To come within £500k of The Inbetweeners movie's opening day, which was an INSANELY popular show, is quite shocking.The same multiplier would give Ted a £10.5m opening. I think it'll fall short of that though, but I don't see how it misses the £8m mark.

Ah, but still. £2m is extremely impressive. To come within £500k of The Inbetweeners movie's opening day, which was an INSANELY popular show, is quite shocking.The same multiplier would give Ted a £10.5m opening. I think it'll fall short of that though, but I don't see how it misses the £8m mark.

£8m would require a £5m OW plus £1m on Thursday which is achievable. TDKR I imagine will have another good drop this weekenda as well.

£8m would require a £5m OW plus £1m on Thursday which is achievable. TDKR I imagine will have another good drop this weekenda as well.

TDK dropped 39% in its 3rd weekend. If TDKR were to follow, that would give it about £4.4m, and somewhere likely around £40-41m in total, compared to £34.7m for TDK at the same point in time.
  • Like 1

TDK dropped 39% in its 3rd weekend. If TDKR were to follow, that would give it about £4.4m, and somewhere likely around £40-41m in total, compared to £34.7m for TDK at the same point in time.

The Dark Knight was knocked off by The Mummy in its third week before regaining the top spot the week after, that'll not happen unless Ted has a big drop. Bourne and Expendables will likely eat into its audience but it'll have made over £40m by the time they're both out,

TH, SKYFALL, TDKR,TA and then Ted. No ?

I'm thinking The Hobbit, Skyfall, TDKR, Avengers and Breaking Dawn Part II with Ted in sixth or seventh place.