Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Wow, amazing for Ted!Sure, Orange Wednesdays did help the OD gross but it is going to be a fantastic OW now. With holidays and great WOM this should definitely break the £20M mark.

Edited by JCS

Easily. Saying it opened with £8m, it could and should get at least a 3x multiplier. The Inbetweeners movie had a 3.4x multiplier, for example. Reactions on twitter yesterday were overwhelmingly positive, so it's clear WOM will be strong.

I say £40M for Ted. It will have nothing but legs.

I think that is too high, I can see maximum £30M if the OW is as big as expected.

I'd say mid £20s is a good bet right now though.

Indeed, around £24M sounds reasonable at the moment. That would be around $37.3M which would beat The Hangover's gross and that would be impressive. Edited by JCS

That would be the upper bound.£8m-10m seems to be the range.

Agreed. Should not drop below that after such a strong Wednesday.£8M would be fantastic and £10M would be just amazing but I am thinking aorund £8M is a safe bet. Will definitely be a £7M+ OW but I hope it is over £8M.

By the way, the highest-grossing/biggest cinemas in the UK for 2012 are (in no order apart from #1 Westfield):Vue Westfield. West LondonCineworld GlasgowCineworld SheffieldOdeon ManchesterOdeon Leicester SquareBFI Imax LondonVue Westfield StratfordShowcase BluewaterSo these are the cinemas to check to help gauge how popular a film is.[Thanks to RTH].

Edited by JCS

ODEON have advanced screenings for Brave all weekend in Scotland, and I think it's released there properly on the 9th.I wonder why they keep getting all the animated films so early...EDIT: Actually, it looks like it's opening officially today in all ODEON cinemas in Scotland. Weird.It also seems to be doing quite well, by the looks of it.

Edited by Heretic